Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge mistakes! I'm desperate!!
02-26-2011, 06:13 AM,
Huge mistakes! I'm desperate!!
Hi guys!

First I'm french so sorry if my english is not perfect! I will do my best to be clear.

I'm so desperate and disapointed. After months and months of "cold feet", I have decided to do it today and to quite my tiny hair/concealers to become a wearer.

I'm coming back from 3 hollidays weeks, and it was the best moment to change my hair to don't be catch by my coworker. But it's over! I did mistakes and mistakes, and i don't know why and what i can do to save it or to reorder without doing the same mistakes.

The first mistake is about the template. I was thinking that I did it well, perfectly fitted to my bald area but the result is not good. I send 2 photos about it. You will see that when the crown is on my own real crown, i miss like 5 cm at the front… If i place the front of my own real front, at the opposite, the crown is on the top of my head and it doesn't look natural at all.

The second mistake is about the cut in. I was thinking to do it by my own with a clipper and a razor comb, being inspirated by the excellent jeffsxyz. So, I did it, 1.5 inch and the result is awfull… It looks like a priest… I think, it's caused by the bad template… I decided to do a template with my actual "recession" of hair, to make a good transition but I didn't think that it will be impossible to cut it by my own with a clipper in that case…

Please look my photos, and tell me what I can do, if I can save it. I'm desperate to have been decided to do it and to be stopped and I don't know what I can do…

Attached Files Image(s)

02-26-2011, 07:25 AM,
RE: Huge mistakes! I'm desperate!!
Yeah I don't know man, that looks ridiculous. I don't even understand what you are attempting to do.. That piece is wayyy more than 5 cm too high. wtf lol. What did you plan on doing ??? Wearing it behind ur hairline?

What you should do is wear it forward more definitely. and if the crown sits on top of ur head. try to retrain the hairs and make another crown. Wet the piece and than comb it and use a blow dryer at the root of the hair and try to retrain it to make a new crown. U could use cosmetic concealer or whatever to fill in the bald spot of the crown. Its the only possible thing I can see doing at this point. right now it looks ridiculous.
02-26-2011, 08:03 AM,
Hello Exo1000 .. you`ve made a number of mistakes.....my advice to you is to order a stock system immediately ..it should only take a few days if you order today.... your English is fine... I would scrap that system completely .....it simply does not fit your bald area and the density looks like it does not `fit`with your side hair[although that may be just the way it looks just sitting on top --it`s cut too short so cannot be blended in nicely]...... can you post a picture of your own hair so I can advise on density ? I have marked on your picture where your front hair line should be...... if I was you, I`d cut back the long thin bits there which are down over your forehead......... the stock systems are freestyle,medium density and come in 2 sizes ..just measure your bald area from left to right [ear-to-ear] and from the front hairline [where I drew the line] to the back where your `good`hair is growing..... you will be sent a system to the nearest size......if necessary, rather than cutting the system..just shave a little more of your own hair back so the system will `sit`on better.....I`d really advise you to go to a stylist ... I would not attempt to use anything like a razor comb on a system as a new wearer, unless you had a 2nd system to hand...once it`s cut it`s cut and cannot be put back on...... it appears you made your template way too small for some reason ..it needs to come to where I drew the line..... that is my advice to you anyway ..order a stock system and make a new proper template ...... this must be very bad for you but there really is not much you can do until a new one arrives......I think you just got totally carried away when you were cutting it, but in any case, the base looks like it`s too small to give you the proper coverage in any case. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-26-2011, 08:12 AM,
Put a mark on your forehead (wear paul drew that line should work). Measure from front to back. Then measure across the top of your head. Email john with those measurments, he will be able to rush you out a stock piece. I you have no experience DO NOT try to cut in the piece yourself. Find a stylist and in your area and let them do it.

I cut in my own pieces, but It took some time to get it right.

Good luck.
02-26-2011, 09:09 AM,
1- Get to a stylist, find hair replacement companies that could cut it. Ask how much they charge, and send John an email if he knows anyone who could help. A stylist cut layer cut it.

2 - Get a stock piece in ASAP

What concealers did you use? Toppik is good for making the hair look thicker and dermatch for finishing it off. Try using concealer with the hairpiece to make it presentable.

If a stock is going to take too long, have a look at getting a stock fullcap from any local women hair replacement companies.
02-26-2011, 09:24 AM,
That`s a good suggestion there Henry... you could source a women`s system in a city near you and it could be styled -in for you as an emergency solution to your problem .... it will probably cost you a lot but in view of you needing to go to work and want to look OK well it`s an option you might be well - advised to take... let us know how you get on... I really do hope you can sort this out,as it`s a nightmare situation for anyone... Paul.
02-26-2011, 09:30 AM,
I've had to do that in an emergency, make you sure get the chance to look at the piece first, as womens ones are higggh in density.
02-26-2011, 09:47 AM,
Hi,

Thank you for your replies!

My situation is not so catastrophic... It was my first piece and I didn't shave my head. I was about to do it but i decided to try my toupee before. So, even if i had raised the limit with the concealers, I can continue to use it for 2 months before to have the new system, if i need one...
But it seems obvious that I need one else. But my question was about how to avoid this kind of problem for the new one... I mean, I didn't ask for the crown at this place... But i'm responsible. The worst problem is my stupid cut in. Next time i will go to a stylist. But i'm worried about that. Do i have to shave and to bond my system before to go there? Or can i let the stylist cut it in to be sure about the result.

I don't want to make a new template if I can avoid it. Do you think I can send to John my measures and my request and let the factory use the first template and the new informations to create a perfectly shaped system?

Thank you!
02-26-2011, 10:49 AM,
It wouldn`t be possible to make a new system from an under-sized template......I`m glad you didn`t shave your head ...it`s not such a bad situation so..... your template is the proper way to get a good fit to the shape of your head.. I cannot understand why or how you made it so `short` ... you must locate your original front hairline....... the best way is place your hand across your forehead, with your small finger resting on your eyebrows.....your index [first ]finger will normally be lying at the point where your hair will/should start. Mark that point using an eyebrow pencil.... then you can see it through the clear film/first layer or two of your template...just use a black marker on the template to mark the same spot..... have a look at the pics on the ``info links`` for newbies at the top of the page...go to page 3 and there are links there, done by Snipe and it really should make the whole thing clear for you...... really good step-by-step pics there .....just take your time and make sure you get a nice coverage..... post a pic of your side hair and I can advise you on the density. You can mark your template with where you would like to have your crown -point too ..... as for your initial visit to a stylist, there`s no need to do a full bond ..all you need are a few strips of tape applied to the perimeter ..leave the backing-tape on them, just pull down a little bit on a corner of each tape strip so you can grip it when you need to fully remove it........just sit the thing into position on your head ---the stylist can hold it in position with the palm of the hand on top of the head and you can just peel off the backing tapes on each section....that will be fine to hold it for the cut -in.......once you have it styled, just go home and you can do a better full-bond in a few days time...... I think you may have `rushed into this` without making sure the template was correct --it`s a matter of learning a lesson from it --don`t let it put you off wearing though and thanks for sharing this with others too ... I know it was probably a shock for you initially when you realised you had gone too far, but look, it`s real life and I`m confident with your next order you`ll be pleased...please do your template and then put it on your head and post a pic of it [like I did with my fullcap template ] and we`ll tell you if it`s ok before you send it in to John....... it would have saved you a lot of stress and the cost of a new system too. I guess it`s just as well you only ordered one system in a way because both would have been too small for you even without the bad cut.... we`re all in this together and sharing the bad things is actually helpful to us all....kind regards now.. Paul.
02-26-2011, 10:50 AM,
is that third pic where you are with the back the crown of your piece or your natural crown?