Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thin piece versus medium density
02-25-2011, 04:33 AM,
thin piece versus medium density
My very first piece was specifically ordered thin.
It was lovely. Due to it's thin density I could only use glues for the very front.

The piece that I have now is much denser. I can get away with using walker no shine or other tapes for the front.
I still have enough side and back hair to support a "thicker" piece.

Bottom line. Both pieces are awesome. But given a choice I think the denser piece is better to live with. It shows less scalp and less skin around the hairline. This allows me to be more layed back with attachment.

Both pieces look natural. My advice for newbs would be.
Start off with a thin piece to make transition from balding to "thin" less insane.
Three months later start wearing the "denser" piece.

The other positive of a denser piece is you can shed hair over time and still be looking good.

My 2 cents.
02-25-2011, 06:48 AM,
RE: thin piece versus medium density
Glad you were happy and good advice for those contemplating wearing .. a classic `trap/error`is to order your hair too thick due to the anxiety to `cover up`.....too-high a density, especially in older guys, is a dead give-away. Balamouti can you give your exact percentages which you ordered---when you say `thin` it`s a bit vague for newbies to know what to order [not being critical ]..... be good to be specific. My own systems are 55% and honestly, they actually look `full` enough to the eye but if I want to show a little scalp show-through, I simply brush it a certain way and mist with water .....looks really realistic.....guys in their 20s should go for a medium density at least as they`ll have reasonably good sides and back hair [normally] but your suggestion to go very light first and then denser in order to make the `transition`more `gradual`is a good one for guys of any age..best wishes, Paul.
02-25-2011, 10:44 AM,
RE: thin piece versus medium density
(02-25-2011, 06:48 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Glad you were happy and good advice for those contemplating wearing .. a classic `trap/error`is to order your hair too thick due to the anxiety to `cover up`.....too-high a density, especially in older guys, is a dead give-away. Balamouti can you give your exact percentages which you ordered---when you say `thin` it`s a bit vague for newbies to know what to order [not being critical ]..... be good to be specific. My own systems are 55% and honestly, they actually look `full` enough to the eye but if I want to show a little scalp show-through, I simply brush it a certain way and mist with water .....looks really realistic.....guys in their 20s should go for a medium density at least as they`ll have reasonably good sides and back hair [normally] but your suggestion to go very light first and then denser in order to make the `transition`more `gradual`is a good one for guys of any age..best wishes, Paul.

The thin one was probably less than 50% density. U can read a newspaper through it LOL.
The one that I described as denser is probably 60-65%. It looks dense, but not insane. . .
Just makes it easier with a denser piece.
I think a piece over 65% should be for the younger fellows or ppl with thick side and back hair.

On the other hand you have the person on the home page picture (forgot his name sorry), he probably is wearing 75% and he's got temple flaps and makes it look very nice!

The easiest thing to pull off though is a comb down style with a side part showing some scalp.

My 2 cents.