Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone get itching with supertape?
02-20-2011, 11:09 AM,
RE: Anyone get itching with supertape?
hey lads

came back to the forum in search of help with itching and i find this sitting on top..

me too, i am using supertape, it's the 6th day and I have crazy itchiness in my crown area! and i've noticed it only with supertape. i have like red spots. i have just taken a zyrtec pill and put some water in my hair just to cool off. last time i had to take it off and sleep without my piece on...

is it cause it is supertape?? Sad

although it would be a pity (cause i really liked supertape), i have been getting these itchiness with it recently after the 5th day, and i've lost a lot of hairs from my other system with over itching. and in a way, id rather be having this problem from supertape than somethin else!

i'll give bluetape another go and will report any updates.

btw, i use scalp protector, tbh, i don't think it does anything special, but i just use it out of habit because it says it helps the scalp and all..

funnily enough, i don't get itchiness with ultrahold glue on the front which is a lot stronger than supertape.
02-20-2011, 11:33 AM,
@ unhairy1..

I agree with you. There is something in that tape that is not in other tapes and a lot of people are sensitive to it. Don't let anyone tell you different. They will say its cause of your sweat or this or that. I have worn a ton of tapes and this one causes a reaction on me every single time.
02-20-2011, 11:55 AM,
(02-20-2011, 11:33 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: @ unhairy1..

I agree with you. There is something in that tape that is not in other tapes and a lot of people are sensitive to it. Don't let anyone tell you different. They will say its cause of your sweat or this or that. I have worn a ton of tapes and this one causes a reaction on me every single time.

I don't have a problem with sweat, and its freezing here, it's not the sweat... maybe something is in that tape. I've had my pill now and I'm fine but I'm gonna try another tape next time. I can't go on taking pills forever like.
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM,
Yeah thats what I am saying its def the tape. I won't use supertape anymore. blue tape never reacts on me. Someone should have a word with the manufacturers of super tape.
02-21-2011, 06:30 AM,
OMG I ripped off the piece in the middle of my sleep, wtf?
02-22-2011, 06:11 AM,
(02-21-2011, 06:30 AM)Henry Wrote: OMG I ripped off the piece in the middle of my sleep, wtf?

hahahah. sorry that sounded funny to me
02-22-2011, 06:26 AM,
Trust me its not funny! lol I've ripped it in half, and have no back ups.
02-22-2011, 07:18 AM,
Henry--- you`ll have to order a stock so to get you out of trouble.. I`d say you were itching in your sleep and that`s what happened....... all I can suggest is literally stitch it together with a needle and thread while waiting on a new system....you could run a `bandage` of tape down along the repaired line[on the underside, obviously] but leave the backing strip on it.....like a plaster... I hope you can repair it until a new one arrives.... just proves the need to always have a back-up system to hand for emergencies....best wishes, Paul.