Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM,
Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
Just curious if anyone has and if they felt it gave lace a run for its money!

If you still feel lace is better, how much better? Was there that much of a noticeable difference?
09-14-2009, 03:16 AM,
Re: Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
I like them, but I use about 1/8" inch of my own hairline and sit the piece just behind that. I don't know if I would use them w/o having my own front hairline. I might want a lace front for more undetectibility.

Pros:
1. Ease and strength of attachment (these things conform to my scalp and give the most flush, tight, secure attachments I've ever had; no lift, nothing)
2. Great scalp appearance

Cons:
1. Scratchy sound when rubbing it with your fingers. I don't care so much about this, I'd rather have a girl hear something unusual when rubbing my head than having her nail catch a ridge of lace.

2. Some people say they're hot but I haven't experienced this at all. To me, I can't tell the difference between lace and thinskin in terms of feeling heat. Maybe my head's a little numb lol

3. I'm still trying to figure out how to clean these things properly. I use basebond on these things and try the mirror slide but I can't seem to get every bit of residue off the thinskin. I've just been using alcohol, not glue melter since I figured that might leave it greasy but maybe I need to try that too. Last time I thought I had it pretty clean but it obviously wasn't cuz it affected the strength of my attachment. I'm hopeful I will find the right way to get these super clean and like new, and then it won't be an issue.

I don't know, for me they're ideal, but for someone showing the hairline it might not be as undetectable as lace. However, I can't say for sure cuz I haven't used them this way.
05-09-2010, 03:46 AM,
RE: Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
Hello NotGuity

I just read your post and I would like to know if you've found a good way to clean your system?
I am very interested in bringing this system and am looking skin as much testimony on this system.
If you have more info I am interested

Thank you
French
05-09-2010, 08:13 AM,
Been wearing well over 40 years and skin units for a long time!
Maybe my method will help you ! It works great !
For adhesive I use Davlyn, black label, 1/2 oz., comes with applicator brush. Been using it for years !
Just apply around the perimeter of the base, maybe 1/2 inch or less. And sometimes I put a few dabs down the middle!
I use the Davlyn, for initial attachment. After a day or two, remove unit, either wipe the base with an alcohol wet cotton ball or under running faucet, rinsing the hair off also.
Now before reattaching, I use Got2b, Freeze Spray, Spiking Glue, or Rubber Cement, all over the base, plus my scalp, light coating on both, wait a minute,or moment or two, and attach, pressing firmly all over!
I do this over a period of a week, ten days.....
Than do a complete cleaning of the base, using alcohol saturated cotton balls, ringing the perimeter, leaving on an hour or so, whatever your time period fancy.
Use the balls after the time period to rub away the Davlyn glue, rinse base, shampoo hair.
And repeat the method! Quick, easy, good results. Been doing this for years !! Before some of you were born ! Smile

johnny/abq
05-10-2010, 04:42 AM,
Johnnycs1

Soon you tell me how many months you yours with the skin, and hair secured He commend her as a lace or he speaks faster?
Find you the general result is beautiful and you practice more skin or lace has maintained all day?
I want a base to wear day and night and change the collage every 2 weeks.
Think you that the skin will be for me?

Thank you very much for your answers.
05-17-2010, 01:53 AM,
French,
Yes, skin will work for you. As mentioned above, once of the nice things about a skin unit is the ease of removal and attachment.
Regards,
John
05-18-2010, 05:29 AM,
Personally, I do not necessarily agree with the statement that skin is easier with attachment and removal. That really depends.

With the very very thin skins, you are limited to the type of adhesives you can use. You cant use a strong tape like blue lace liner on it etc. most people are forced to use liquid adhesives... Where as lace, you can use non residue tapes or any other kind of adhesive. With lace you can squirt alcohol thru the lace and remove most of todays tapes very cleanly without any residue. With skin, even the no residue tapes might not look good on very thin skins, and the glue can get stuck to the poly.

Even with liquid glues, its all going to get stuck on the poly, and will have to be cleaned off.

I find if you use got2b glued on skin, u get a good hold, and the cleanup and attachment is truly easier.
05-23-2010, 10:21 AM,
I wear my French lace system three weeks day and night with great type.
I have the habit of using double sided tape, What do I advise you to stick a skin system for the same duration without tearing the skin clean?
Super tape is too hard for a system of skin ?
05-24-2010, 12:59 AM,
French,
I suggest using a medium hold glue. Either I-Glue or Base Bond is a medium hold acrylic white glue that will give you a good 3 day hold.
Regards,
John
05-24-2010, 02:02 PM,
Excuse my translation problem
I am looking into 2 or 3 weeks

( Super tape worked for me without some risk ? )
Thank you