Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
...time to set the record straight about Gary Cross (BA)
09-28-2011, 08:38 AM,
RE: ...time to set the record straight about Gary Cross (BA)
Is there much evidence to suggest that Gary has infact pulled the ultimate deception and has not sold the business at all but instead is relaunching it humself but telling us it's under new ownership? I actually suspected it when the whole hand-over thing was first announced. IF this is the case then it won't be long until people realise. I wish I'd found Toplace in the beginning but I was pulled into all the BS about Toplace pieces beig inferior when all I had to do was order a stock to examine to find out that they are just as good and actually better in a lot of ways, for example crown and top densty. The best thing I find so far is the wait times are always exactly 4 weeks for me. Right to the day. I worry that Toplace will be swamped with old BA customers and unable to keep up the precise timing due to the extra work load.
09-28-2011, 08:45 AM,
yes thats what i like about Toplace. The shipingtime is realy short and the units are good and undetectable. My Stockunits just need 5 days from half around the world to germany.

What i also like is that they fix issues. For example the hairline ventilation at the stockunits was bad at my last one. I told it and now 4 month later, the ventilation of my new unit is fine.
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM,
Don't worry if all of BA's customers come to Toplace. Many of them were already customers of Toplace to begin with, and just sided with Gary Cross when he went on his own.

So, with that in mind, all John will have to do is process more orders and have to make a few more trips to post office!!

I am confident John will do a great job and keep up with all the added business! I talked to John personally about a year ago and we both agreed that Gary Cross' business tactics would drive him out of business and increase the Toplace customer base greatly! The Korean pieces were a one hit wonder and weren't consistent and Gary's demons took over his life and killed off his failing business.
09-29-2011, 07:41 AM,
They now replied to some of the questions, but they still dont say any names. Just we are one guy from there and someone from there. What is the problem with saying who they are...?

If i want to deal with a company i want to know who is responsible. In Germany it isnt even alowed to run a company without writing on the website who is the responsible manager. Even normal people have to say who they are, if they run a website in my country. Crazy that they get away with this in canada
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM,
Just had a look on the H.A forum, he seems to have thrown the towel in....AT LAST! Take a look http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM,
Has he really sold it? Saying he no longer owns any shares could mean he set up a limited company in a new name. I don't know. I won't be ordering from them.
Has he really sold it? Saying he no longer owns any shares could mean he set up a limited company in a new name. I don't know. I won't be ordering from them.
09-29-2011, 09:51 PM,
(09-29-2011, 12:00 PM)Hairenough Wrote: Has he really sold it? Saying he no longer owns any shares could mean he set up a limited company in a new name. I don't know. I won't be ordering from them.

Maybe I missed something but who exactly are "they"?
all I see is BA old website and the bs that went with it.
09-29-2011, 10:51 PM,
michaelg have a look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/6b7vrsp

If you then go to the website, a pop-up notice will give you the details of the 'new' owners.
09-30-2011, 06:46 AM,
I ordered a piece from BA way back in February of this year. I have gotten excuses after excuses and still waiting. Do you think I will ever see it? I wonder if I can file for a refund from Paypal.
09-30-2011, 07:45 AM,
You can file a refund from PayPal up to 30 days after purchase, but not for custom made items.
You may be covered if you used a credit card at the time of payment, for stock and custom systems.
Some credit cards cover you for up to a year after payment.

That said, I suggest you have a look at the old BA forum regarding outstanding orders & refunds.
Also, you can approach the 'new' management (Fortooh) of BA website.
They claim they will investigate all issues if you supply them with your details.

What I don't recommend is for anyone to just sit around and wait for something to turn up of its own accord.
I doubt very much that will happen!