Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
...time to set the record straight about Gary Cross (BA)
09-22-2011, 03:23 AM,
RE: ...time to set the record straight about Gary Cross (BA)
(09-21-2011, 03:52 PM)Baldrich Wrote: I feel bad for the guys, but it is everyone's own responsibility to preserve their privacy if they value it, by blanking out photos they post and using an untraceable yahoo account for hairpiece-related stuff. It's hardly rocket science, and everyone knows there are competitors, voyeurs and other kooks on the Internet, and these sites are not private.

Now if Gary was indeed letting slip these guys' identities, so that someone could out them and link their anonymous posts to them, that is a very serious breach.

I have to make some corrections to the information in this thread about what happened. I know at least two of the people who had their identities revealed had done all the above and had yahoo email accounts exclusively set up for BA's forum. At least some of the information linking screen names to real people came from BA himself. BA announced that his email account was hacked and so this is likely the source of the information. But then again BA is known to lie about other things and mislead people on a regular basis so who knows if he was hacked or if he leaked the info himself to scare customers and then be seen as the saviour when he had the blog shut down. I'm not making any accusations, just putting out possible scenarios.
(09-21-2011, 10:12 PM)Hersute Wrote: Nor could I speak on behalf of others and say "who cares?", because it only takes a modicum of empathy for your fellow human being to appreciate everyone has a right to privacy in this sort of circumstance.

I am totally with Hersute here. The point is if men are uncomfortable enough about people knowing about their hairloss that they hide it in public by wearing hair, then doesn't it make sense that they would not want the secret announced to the whole world? Wearing hair is seen as a very taboo thing in society and whether the wearer cares about that or not does not change the fact that many people will see them differently, talk about them behind their backs and refer to them as "oh you mean the guy with the wig?". That can cause a lot of harm to a person's lifestyle and confidence. And if the first thing a potential employer, business partner, old highschool friend or lover sees when they google a person is them with and without their wig on, that can also have a detrmiental effect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ...time to set the record straight about Gary Cross (BA) - Hairenough - 09-22-2011, 03:23 AM