Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different method of attachment
02-12-2011, 05:16 AM,
Different method of attachment
I just place tape back/sides on my scalp.
I only put tape directly on the lace for the front. (countour+2 proflex tabs)

I use a mirror behind me,
spray some alcohol to allow a little slip and slide for 10 seconds,
Tighten the lace to be firm against the skin and press.
I secure the front first and slowly move backwards.

This method takes me 5-10 mins to reattatch.

Benefits:
The tape is 100% on skin where it should be. With traditional method part of the tape may be on the healthy hair causing poorer attachment.
It's ok if the piece is a bit bigger. The extra lace/hair just hangs off.

I like Ghost bond, but I've been lazy lately.
I just use tape all arround.
Side/perimeter with stick-it.
Front with walker no shine countour tape. There is a bit of shine the first day, The next day after a shower it's fine.

Breaking point:
Ahh. . .The back and sides loose adhesion on my skin (7-10 days). The tape stays great on the lace though. I guess I have oily skin?
With Ghost bond I can get 2 weeks easily of solid hold.
I shower hair every other day (no shampoo/cond).

I may try blue tape directly on skin and stick it tape on top of the blue tape. This way I'll only have blue tape cleanup only on skin.

Thanks,
jim.
02-12-2011, 06:24 AM,
RE: Different method of attachment
left my peice on for 3 weeks, and hell did i pay the price.
glue turned to goo,itching,clean up from hell
i enjoy my hair but full de bond, cleaning is a nightmare.yeah yeah i shouldnt have left it on so long.but when it looks great you think , aghh just a few more days.
i might try tape, for everywhere else except the hairline.

i'll ask this ,honestly can i expect the same rock solid bond from tape as glue(prob not)
anty
02-12-2011, 08:08 AM,
You basically do the opposite of what I do. I have a hard time getting my front hairline to look good if i put tape on the lace first. I always get ripples it never lays right on my head. and I hate using alcohol to attach, I use it to take the unit off lol. I think it screws up the bond.

What i do is i put tape around the perimeter of the unit first. and i leave the front with nothing. I leave the tape backing on the tape, but the contour on the very back side of the piece i take the backing off of that one. I than throw the unit on my head, while holding the back because the back has no tape backing and is sticky. ONce I get the unit where i want it, i tack down the back contour. U can keep the hairline SLIGHTLY higher than u would like, if u need to stretch your unit a little bit. so than when the back is taped, i lift up the unit and look at myself in the mirror. I can see all the tape, so I peel off the tapes in sections, Than tack it down, lift up do the next section tack it down, till im left with the front. Than i just attached the front last. This has been working for me.
02-12-2011, 11:57 PM,
what is this "blue tape" you speak of?