Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - attachment coming loose at the back
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM,
RE: Help - attachment coming loose at the back
(01-28-2011, 01:28 PM)snell Wrote: I'll give the blue liner at the back a go.

And I will get someone to help me with attaching it, as it is hard to see the exact position at the back.

However, if this lifts after I sleep, I'm not sure wearing will be for me.

I can't afford to be worrying every day whether when I wake up, if the back will have lifted. I have pushed it down lately as I have had no committments lately, but when I start work in a bit over a month, I can't afford to go to work with the stress of worrying whether the piece is down at the back or not.

And I will get someone to help me with attaching it, as it is hard to see the exact position at the back.

I can't afford to be worrying every day whether when I wake up, if the back will have lifted. I have pushed it down lately as I have had no committments lately, but when I start work in a bit over a month, I can't afford to go to work with the stress of worrying whether the piece is down at the back or not.

You can do the attachment after a little confidance but you need a couple mirrors...best is to have a mirror on a medicine cabinet door beside a sink in bathroom and a mirror on wall above sink (mirror on med cabinet swivels) but alterbnately, a hand held mirror and one on the wall...you have to get the right view and you can do all of this, slow, patient and willing to redue if you mess up...we all do that...there is a learning curve but you will and can get this and then you are free from salons and hairdressers and with internet hairbuying you just can have hair as long as you want...unless you buy from BA and then you may wait a year for hair like me and get nothing!!! sorry...why did I have to throw that in.....BECAUSE I CAN SMELL A RAT LIKE MY YORKIE DOG!! Gel
01-28-2011, 02:26 PM,
(01-28-2011, 02:09 PM)jeffsxyz Wrote:

You can do the attachment after a little confidance but you need a couple mirrors...best is to have a mirror on a medicine cabinet door beside a sink in bathroom and a mirror on wall above sink (mirror on med cabinet swivels) but alterbnately, a hand held mirror and one on the wall...you have to get the right view and you can do all of this, slow, patient and willing to redue if you mess up...we all do that...there is a learning curve but you will and can get this and then you are free from salons and hairdressers and with internet hairbuying you just can have hair as long as you want...unless you buy from BA and then you may wait a year for hair like me and get nothing!!! sorry...why did I have to throw that in.....BECAUSE I CAN SMELL A RAT LIKE MY YORKIE DOG!! Gel

What is the last part meant to meant?

I posted the first exact same post on BA's forum.

And for the record, the unit I am wearing is from toplace, and it is good. There is no problem with the unit or anything like that. The service from toplace has been outstanding.

I can't get the back stuck down. I wake up every day and it is up. What has that got to do with toplace? That is a hair wearing issue in general.

I thank you for your advice, but if you are insinuating something at the end, you are so far off the mark it is not funny.

I posted this trying to get some advice both on getting a good attachment at the back and some advice with how to deal with the mental issues to do with wearing. I did not expect to be accused of being a "rat".

If you knew the anxiety I woke up with every morning and suffer with all day because of these issues, I doubt you'd be making those accusations.
01-28-2011, 02:56 PM,
You have to make sure your scalp is very clean, try a face mask to remove the oils from your scalp at the back.

Blue liner is the strongest tape there is, and its best not to do any exercise or sweat for a day after you apply it. It takes about a day to cure.

Wear a thin beanie hat, the first night of a attachment, then you shouldn't have any problems for the rest of the week.

Let us know how you get on.
01-28-2011, 04:49 PM,
I also used a liberal amount of adjust-a-bond last time I attached.

Could the adjust-a-bond weaken the actual bond that I'm going to get.

Also, last time I attached the tape, I sort of had the tape overlapping each piece of tape.

Should I make sure this time that none of the tape overlaps?
01-28-2011, 05:40 PM,
Try without ghost bond, i thought gb was just for the front hairline?

You don't need anything else at the back apart from blue liner. If I was doing some extreme sports, I might add a bit of ultra hold too.

Overlapping the tape is fine, I do that. It makes it easier to peel off the tape, when I'm doing the cleaning up.
01-28-2011, 06:30 PM,
Are there any cons to using blue liner? I've heard its extremely strong, so will the clean up be really bad?
01-28-2011, 07:06 PM,
It depends on your activity level, and how long you leave it on for.

It's strong when it breaks down a bit, so the lace sticks to it well.

When I wore a fullcap, I used it on the nape. And I had the most success than anything else, if it can hold on the nape, it can hold anywhere.

As a rough guide, if I'm exercising during the week. I replace it once a week, but I wouldn't want to go over a week as I like to give my scalp a rest for a few hours. A big tip...use a glossy magazine instead of a mirror slide, then use bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is so good, that I've stocked up on rolls of it, and cut it up into A4 sizes.
01-29-2011, 08:20 AM,
Snell,

Why don't you go to a stylist that specializes in these things? He or she could show you how to do all these things and you would know its on perfect right away.

Is there a reason to won't see a stylist?
01-29-2011, 08:46 AM,
I`m just wondering can we forget about the ``other site`` now ? Personally, I`m not interested in what has gone on there or is going on there... I`m genuinely only interested in helping people out on here [in as far as I am able] who are having worries or issues..... snell ..your issue CAN be resolved with a little perseverance..... don`t lose heart with it but I know it can be frustrating and a worry... best wishes.. Paul.
01-29-2011, 10:56 PM,
i second biltmores advice.
this is the biggest drawback of going it alone.
i suppose its like buying a new car and teaching yourself how to drive,
i started off with a one lady salon,i had intended buying from toplace,
but bought from her, she cut the system in,colour matched.
i actually thought i had light brown hair, until she told me actually its 40% grey.
so i'd have ordered mistakenly a brown system instead of a grey, brown system.
you only need go back a few times to a salon for a re bond, removal, i did i was kinda terrified to touch it, now its second nature, and iv been doing my own cleaning, bond de bond for for abround 10 weeks, the first month i called up the salon and went back a few times for hairline touch ups.which they didnt charge for.
a good small salon will tell you things, you hadnt thought of,
there is a good possibility that new weareres going it alone will think its way to complicated.
so the answers here, phone around find a small hairdresser.who specalises in hair systems.
once you see it done in reality, ask any questioins.
and you'll be doing youre own in no time.
please please dont give up without going to a salon, or contact a felow wearer via the toplace
forum you might find a wearer who lives nearbye who could come to you or you go to them
anty Smile