Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
First System and its a stock unit w/pictures
03-24-2011, 05:52 PM,
RE: First System and its a stock unit w/pictures
(03-24-2011, 05:06 PM)gimmygames Wrote: Hi Biltmore,

I would like to say that it looks great, you chose a very 'in style' and simple short style. I have 2 questions:
1) I see in your pictures you do a good job with exposing your hairline. Do you expose your hairline at all times (every day), and how hard is it to maintain a natural hairline like that?
2) You stated that you only de-bond every three weeks. This seems really good. Have you had any problems with uncomfortableness/oiliness/or the piece lifting at all?

Thanks bro

Thanks Gimmy. To answer your questions:

1) I wear the front up maybe half the time. My hair on the sides and back are much longer now, since those pictures are literally the first day I had it on. Sometimes I just wear it down and messy. In terms of how easy it is, its just about using a good bond and keep the front edge down in it. I only have to touch up the front every few days and its super easy. I let the adhesive dry and the use a comb to push it down into it. I don't comb the hair, just use the teeth of the comb to push the lace down. Very easy.

2) No real problems. During the 3rd week, the bond definitely isn't as good. Not that it lifts of moves. More that the adhesive seems to liquefy or 'melt' a bit. By that, I mean that some of it goes through the lace into the hair. Just feels like too much gel in the hair. That was with Ghost bond. I first did 3 weeks, and the last time tried 4 weeks just to see how it was, and wouldn't do 4 weeks again. This time, I just tried Ultrahold to see the difference between the two. When I de-bond and bond I actually go to a person that specializes in all this, so she has all the different bonds and products. So I asked her to use the Ultrahold this time.

Like I said, this is all a learning experience, and you have to figure what works best for you and your lifestyle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First System and its a stock unit w/pictures - Biltmore602 - 03-24-2011, 05:52 PM