Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A girl caught me!!! (photos)
11-03-2010, 08:46 PM,
A girl caught me!!! (photos)
Hi! yeah, yesterday a girl I´m dating just caught me, she just look at my front hairline and she said: Do you glue your hair? Your hair looks like it´s glued to your skin? That´s not your hair!

I tried to deny it, but... she´s really smart, so... I accepted it.
She didn´t minded, she didn´t care, she said that it wasn´t a big deal, because my hair looks great and beautiful. But then again, she noticed! But it made me scared of how many more people could notice?????

So I started to think that it was a matter of density, I feel really good with the overall density, but I think the front line is too thick, and now I´m really undecided what density order for my second piece. Right now I´m using a 70% piece, I´m not sure, because I sent a picture and asked to match density with the picture (I will post the picture)

So I started thinking to order less density like 60-65% but in some pictures I´ve seen, they look really thin! And I get scared! But then, searching on the forum I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgSiwDdcok

And I think that´s one of the most perfect pieces I´ve ever seen. I was very afraid to order 60-65% but I´m guessing that is the density of that piece, and if you watch between 2:12 and 2:45 that´s exactly how I want to style my piece, like all messy, like really casual, like you don´t care, do something different every day, and not to worry about the front hairline. And the density looks great, and the hairline looks incredible perfect!

So what do you think, is that 60-65% density??? I like so much how it looks between 2:12 and 2:45 when he is just playing around with the hair. That´s what I want to achieve.
But then I see pictures, and I´ve read some guys that says that with that low density after two weeks wearing, they look really bad. And in the video the piece is new, so maybe that´s why it looks great, but what about a mont later???

Now I will post the pic that I sent to match density, then how my hairpiece actually looks, and last, a picture of the hairline of the guy in the video.

I like the way it looks my piece right now, it really was a bad day and I think you could really see the glue that day, but still, I want a longer hair style, and I want to be able to just cover my hairline in those days when you have a bad attachment.

So, do you think that I could play with my hair like the guy in the video with a 65-70% piece and looks just as natural???
11-03-2010, 09:48 PM,
RE: A girl caught me!!!
Hi Angelectrico

Sorry to hear about your incident, but at least it all ended OK. Still, it's always a bit traumatic being busted. How long have you been wearing?

I think your density is perfect. My guess is that what your girl spotted was the shine of the glue under your front lace. Looking at your last photo, I can see the shine of the glue under your hairline, and also a tiny bit of shine on your forehead just below the edge of your piece, which I assume was excess glue which you didn't sufficiently clean up. It doesn't look too bad in the photo, but these flaws can be magnified in sunlight or strong overhead lighting.

So I would suggest you should concentrate on getting rid of the glue shine. You could try touching the tacky glue with your fingertip before you put on your piece, or you using a tiny amount of face powder.

I would also say this: I like your slicked back style, but you are making life quite difficult for yourself. You are exposing your entire false hairline in the most extreme way, with absolutely no hair cover to conceal the edge of the base. If you are going to do that you have to get the attachment 100% perfect every time. In my
experience most long-term hairpiece wearers end up opting for a slightly more easy-care style at the front. It is great that your hairpiece is sufficiently high quality that you can do a slicked-back style, but it might be better to keep it for an occasional evening when you are not going to be under harsh lights.
11-04-2010, 12:01 AM,
RE: A girl caught me!!!
I agree with Baldrich --I haven`t time to look at the video yet [running late here] but will do later. The swept -back style always leaves you more `vulnerable to the eye` .....any bit of dust/dirt can lodge there too, and as pointed out, under certain lighting conditions, adhesive shine can be visible or catch the eye. Paul.
11-04-2010, 06:02 AM,
RE: A girl caught me!!! (photos)
to the untrained eye it would look like sweat,
but the question about youre girlfreind is?
at what point in the relationship did she realise it was a hair system and seid nothing,
maybee she'd spotted it a while ago?
as a fellow wearer im genuinely so sorry you were "busted", not a term i like either.
i think we need to address, the how do we cope when we are found out,
i rekon folk are alot more aceptting because the systems really do look good.
that was the main reason i dont slick mine back, dont get me wrong i'd love to
but i kinda can see the imperfection in my front lace.
the hairdresser seid to me when i slicked mine back , mess it up a bitt at the front,
that was prob a roundabout way of saying,
anyway good luck for the future
regards anty Smile
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM,
Hi Baldrich

Yes I´m sure it was the glue, I didn´t had the best, and cleanest attachment that day, I just want to point that the last picture it´s not my hairline, it´s a picture taken from the video to show the density and how natural looks the hairline.
And yes, I really like how the slicked back style looks on me, and people around me liked too, but yes, I´m exposing my hairline completely, that´s exaclty why I ask about the video, because I´d like to use a longer hairstyle and cover my hairline, but I have read in this forum that the longer the hair, it looks thicker and it can even look wiggy! That´s why I ask if you recommend me order 60-65% for that style at 2:15 and 2:45 on the video.

Hi Antywanty

I´ve been dating that girl for like 4 months, and I even took a shower with her once, and she didn´t say anything. The good thing is that she´s really cool and she didn´t minded, and she still likes me. But I´m going to ask her if noticed just two days ago, or she knew since some time ago. I have to be positive, and think that: Now that she knows, she can help me alot! Giving me opinions on what to do, to have a more realistic and natural look!

By the way, this is my first piece ever, in the next days I´m going to do my second order.

Thanks for the comments!
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM,
Just clicked on the video now --yeah.. saw it before.... just thought I `d post a few I took today [ hope you`ll all agree they`re a bit better quality that my usual crap ones ] showing the scalp show -through on the system -- I know people are troubled by what a density looks like ..well this system is 55%..... and freestyle, allowing the front hairline to be practically un-seen, as opposed to the slick -back systems..... don`t get me wrong.. I like that style, but you`re kind of `going out on a limb`with them as you really have to make sure the possible shine from glues etc is not obvious... I think I`d just be too conscious of it to wear it with comfort. Regards to all .. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-04-2010, 12:10 PM,
Sorry Angelectrico, i thought that was your hairline, so please ignore my earlier comments.

Having looked at the video again, i think that piece is about the same as a Toplace 65% density. But you could definitely go for that style with the piece you have, and I don't think there is any danger at all of it looking wiggy.

One other thought. It is great that your girl is OK with the fact you're wearing a hairpiece, but it may not be a great idea to get her too involved in the mechanics. She may be cool about the concept, but it is a different matter if you are going to take the piece off and show her what is underneath, or constantly get her involved in evaluating your hairline glue. Unfortunately the horseshoe look with thick sides and a slick bald top is difficult to carry off in a romantic context LOL. She may prefer just to forget she knows you're wearing. Just my 2 cents worth derived from similar situations.
11-04-2010, 01:41 PM,
Hey Baldrich, I think you´re completely right! I think it´s better to leave her out of this matter. As long as she doesn´t ask me something or say anything about this subject, I think it´s better to leave her out.

So finally I´m getting to a conclusion, I think I´m going to order the same exact density, but ask for a 5% less density in the front hairline, to have a little more graduation, and I think that´s going to be the best thing to do. And try a longer hairstyle and if I don´t feel comfortable, then I can cut shorter and go for something like this, and cover a little the hairline.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-04-2010, 01:58 PM,
That is a great style for everyday wear. It's quite similar to what I wear myself, and I have had very few problems with it.

Ted
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM,
Ok I just want to post some pics of my piece density completely dry, the piece is not even attached, and it´s not styled or anything, so I know it doesn´t look really good, I just want to show that for me it seems a little much density on the front.
Another thing that really bothers me, is that red-orange tone that the hair gets. My hair is almost black, so I need to order some product to avoid the hair to get that red-orange colour! Maybe Back2natural???