Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions please!
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM,
Opinions please!
Well yesterday I tried something diferent with my hair and I like it, but the only thing I don´t like is that my temple sides are really thin, it really doesn´t look that bad, but I need some opinions, do you think it looks bad?

Like you can see in the second picture, thats the area where I wish I had more hair.

And then, in the 3rd picture, with a little Photoshop I edited the picture to see how it would look if I had more hair there.

Sorry for the last one, it´s really out of focus, but you can get the idea.

So what do you think? Does it really looks too bad, or I can get away with it? (I dont think anybody could think I´m wearing a piece, but I do think it could look a little wird that my temple sides are really almost disappearing)
Or do you think that soon I will have to go for the full cap?
I´m thinking also making a new template and add temple sides, but I´m not sure I far can I go with that, I´m gonna draw some lines and hope you can tell me your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-01-2010, 07:52 PM,
RE: Opinions please!
Hi angelectrico25........It looks very good to me as it is..the photoshopped one -yeah I can see the `difference`....if it bothers you that the area there in front of the ear is receding, just do a new template.....will be no need to go full- cap yet. I think it`s recommended [for full caps anyway] to use french lace for the flaps, it being more robust than swiss, so might be worth thinking about...it is not at all obvious that you are wearing by the way.... Paul.
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM,
you'd be suprised how little notice other people take of youre hair,especially to the area you mention.its so subtle to others doubt they even notice,you notice it bigg time because its part of you,youre checking it every day,almost obbsessing over it.
but you know what the super dooper thing is youre in control, not male pattern baldness,
you decide when to make the changes.
btw the hair looks great,do you use product on it, mouse gells ect?
i'd rather be 97% perfect than vica verca.
honestly i rekon folks perception of male pattern baldness, is the fornt hairline, and top.
when someones got a full of head of hair i doubt they even glance at youre temples.
they see the whole bigg picture.
enjoy being in control.
anthony Smile
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM,
Hi Angelectrico

I think your hairpiece looks excellent as it is. If you can slick it back like that and still feel it is completely undetectable, then you should leave things as they are.

As a matter of fact I think you look better without the extra photoshopped hair. I know that diminishing temples are often a giveaway, but not in your case. I think the extra hair looks a bit odd, and might draw unwelcome attention to your hairpiece. Also, a long thin piece of base that shape could be very difficult to glue down undetectably and reliably.

So I vote leave things as they are.
11-02-2010, 01:29 AM,
Thank you all for the comments! It really didn´t look bad to me at all, I really liked it, I just needed some opinions to be sure, but I´m really comfortable with that look, and now with your 'OK comments' I´m more confident to use this style.

But I think that it would be a good idea to do a new template with temple flaps to try it and see if it looks even better, so taking one of the next pictures, could someone help me to draw an example of how could I make the template with temple flaps?

Thanks again!

Attached Files Image(s)

11-02-2010, 03:35 AM,
A suggestion ..... use an eye-brow pencil to draw a line on your skin to where you want covered .... then when you use the wrap / film, you`ll be able to see where you have marked through the film ... then just use a marker on the actual template, and trim off the excess as normal.... Paul.
11-02-2010, 04:51 AM,
Aagh; I have drawn you a lovely picture and it won't let me attach it to my post.

But essentially the line of your template would follow the edge of your hair on the photos where you are wearing your piece. In the same way the hair in those pics falls across and covers up your recession at the temples, you would design your base to cut that corner in roughly the same way.

I will try again later to post the drawing.

Incidentally, you said you have started doing something different with your hairpiece recently. What did it look like before?
Aagh; I have drawn you a lovely picture and it won't let me attach it to my post.

But essentially the line of your template would follow the edge of your hair on the photos where you are wearing your piece. In the same way the hair in those pics falls across and covers up your recession at the temples, you would design your base to cut that corner in roughly the same way.

I will try again later to post the drawing.

Incidentally, you said you have started doing something different with your hairpiece recently. What did it look like before?
11-02-2010, 06:44 AM,
It might be tricky having such a long temple flap like that. maybe u can do the bottom of the temples with dermmatch or something, or a make up pencil, and the temple flap doesnt have to go allt he way down?
11-02-2010, 03:37 PM,
angelectrico25,

As you can see by your edited picture, a little extra hair in the temples can make a big difference.

You have a lot of hair to be considering a full cap at this point in time, but don't rule it out. As your temples recede in the future (if they do) you always have the option of going to a full cap.

As xeon said, flaps might be tricky and you could probably use a little concealer to create the illusion of extra hair there. A little touch of color on the scalp can go along way toward changing the overall look.
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM,
Thanks to all for the help, and the comments!

Thank you Paul, for the comments, I will do the template tomorrow.

Baldrich - What a shame! Hope you can post them later! I don´t have any pictures of the style I was using before, but I was exactly like the picture in the middle:
(Sorry for using another persons picture)

The template could be something like this???

Attached Files Image(s)