Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
10-16-2010, 08:11 AM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
Antywanty, I am eager to hear how it feels on your head? Is it comfortable? Do you feel like it will limit you in any way?
10-16-2010, 09:04 PM,
feels superb on my head, no diffrent to real hair,maybee slightly diffrent when you frown and you scalp moves forward and back.you can feel it a tadd when in bed but thats the poly on the sides and back.
on the whole its taken the fear and dread out of styling my hair,
with more density im not terrified of rain or drizzle damp weather.
when youve got very little standing up at the front it could just dropp or buckle with damp wet weather, but with increased density iv got now its like having a new fence instead of a few lonley planks of wood standing up to the elements.
not worried being caught styling my hair,i know it will only take a few mins with the right product to style, still have to get used to the new hair type, to find diffrent methods of acheiving styles.
just one massive weight off my shoulders, or should that be on my shoulders.
anty
10-17-2010, 12:52 PM,
Encouraging words there, and well described how your saying about it being like a new fence instead of a few lonely planks lol. I hate the wind and rain only because of my hairloss. As concerned and worried as i am about getting a partial piece, as i know there will be challenges and issues, in a way i cant wait because im so tired of trying to hide a continually receding hairline! The one thing i want to come from wearing is hopefully a weight lifted, because it will change my life.
10-17-2010, 10:12 PM,
i'll tell you something!!!! i'v been wearing now for nearly 3 days and i can honestly say,
that i'm set free from my hair loss,i dont do my hair when i get out of bed, because its so well cut in its already styled.and yeah the backs messed up and the sides but thats bed hair.
its a freedom you'll love.it looks so bloody clean and healthy(when you use concealer its matte, you even if youre growing hair is clean and glossy thats not)ofcourse that will change as the hair system is exposed to the elements.i'll use spray in leave in conditioner thats what my stylist recommened (all alchol free)as the hair gets no natural oils anymore you have to put it back periodicly.
i'm not one bitt worried about the wind or rain,
my advice to you buy a Umbrella,i did prior to wearing and carried it nearly every day in a plastic bagg.youre
choose the right colour, density,not to dense rather be less than more,you can allways go denser on the next system,and it adds to the illusion of growing hair.
and get a widows peak at the front hair line to just about match youre reccesion.
remember when you were 18 and had horizontial line of hair at the front, well you dont want that ,just get t cut in to match youre current reccesion lines.
one great thing about this is,youre not going to worry about the unknown,
how much hair will i have lost by next time i come to wash, then you have a bad hair day.
and youre struggling to style it,and you just want to hide away. thats no way to live.its not living,yeah sure its great , or ok when you get youre hair right.but when you cant thats when youre plunged into deppression,
so at least with wearing to sum up as i'v rambled on,
1)but with wearing, youre in control no more hair loss.
2)build up youre individual attaching debonding cleaning routine around youre life
3)no suprises,bond style&go
4)and live life again!
10-17-2010, 10:42 PM,
"one great thing about this is,youre not going to worry about the unknown,
how much hair will i have lost by next time i come to wash, then you have a bad hair day.
and youre struggling to style it,and you just want to hide away. thats no way to live.its not living,yeah sure its great , or ok when you get youre hair right.but when you cant thats when youre plunged into depression"

Could not have explained the way i feel any better. I wish i ordered months ago because the last few weeks im struggling to style it how i have for a while now.

With the hairline, im only 23, and have very good thick hair every where except where it is receding, so i have an aggressive v shaped hairline.
I absolutley want to fill in the recession and want a relatively straight hairline as where it will meet my sides should match up well and i definatly dont suit the receding hairline. I think i can pull it off as most people think i still look about 19. When i pull my hair back though i feel like im looking at a 35 year old head!

Great advice though and your words are very uplifting and encouraging. I just want it now Sad
I live in Australia so im guessing it will take a while.
10-18-2010, 06:30 AM,
im not the real expert early days for me in the wearing game ,, there are some long term wearers here,and those new at the game who can offer great advice to you. so keep the site bookmarked.
upload a pic of yourself,with youre Facial features blocked out,showing youre hair loss.
and thye guys will give you there input.
but do find a salon to advise you, not a one that gonna ripp you off, i dont mean a hair club or anything or contract dont get into that, far to expensive and exploitative.
i know the salon i use is staffed, owned by one lady.and for a hair system+cut in+bond £200.00 total.
she advertizes in the telephone book yellow pages.
so get a list together from youre yellow pages, and ring around for a quote for a partial hair system.say you want it cut in and bonded. then hopefully you should be looking at 322.AUD ,which is £200 uk pounds. or thearabouts.
you can order youre first system from a salon if its within about $322 or from toplace
just follow the order instructions from the toplace site, making a template hair colour density ect.
good luck
anthony Smile
10-18-2010, 07:38 AM,
Hi Hairloss... sounds like a partial at the front would do you for now --you`re still young and you say the rest of your hair is good. Should be no real problem to get a good blend -in if you have a good `foundation`. Shipping to Australia should take no longer than to Ireland --about 5 or 6 working days is what I have experienced. The sooner you get a template of your thin area made and shipped to Toplace, the sooner your life will change for the better. You have an advantage in only needing a smaller area covered, in that it will allow you to learn about bond times, and different strengths of glue and/or tape, before you need to order bigger systems, which [sadly ] you probably inevitably will, but hopefully not for a long time yet. Paul.
10-20-2010, 06:21 AM,
Antywanty,
Keep us posted on how it is going. I am eager to hear the thoughts of a newbie. I have heard that the first few days is awesome because you have hair, followed by some harder times as the newness wears off and the realization of the work involved becomes clearer.
10-20-2010, 07:11 AM,
totaly wrong, its not hard work.
hardest part is the new look,youve gotta do it very very very subtle.thats they key!!!!.
dont overdue the denstity,get the colour match right.
hardest folk are youre family and close freinds ect.strangers are nothing as theyve got nothing to compare you with.
once youre family and feinds have seen you a few times, neighbours ect. job done.
but from then on youre dealling with a known entity.
youre not going to have any bad hair days,(not guaranteed lol)
you build youre routine around youre lifestyle,i havent done a full detachment and re bond yett solo, salon does it,i was there today,got my front hairline rebonded,and some reccesion cut into front hairline on my request(widows peak)
so far so great!
my biggest enemy the rain , aint anymore,
iv got a bigg strong new fence up rather than two or three lonley fence posts.
i wet look gell my hair so its virtually weather proof, lol
i had one huge worry anxiety worry hell of a problem for the last few years it got so acute and deterioted, and you know what i did, i addressed the problem and fixed it.
i'm a whole lott hapier now!!
10-20-2010, 08:01 AM,
I've been wearing for 3 weeks now.
The most traumatic thing was having the stylist shave my dwindling hair at the top. . .
After she placed the piece and it was secure and cut-in,
it was night and day.
I told her that if this hair-wearing thing sucks, I'll just shave my head and call it a day.
So far, it has been worth it I think.
She was wise to place the piece on my current hairline.
The piece was light in density.
My baldness was 3-3v on the norwood scale.
Been to lunch with a couple of friends. .. they said/noticed nothing.
When I meet friends for first time, I wet my hair (looks thinner) and expose scalp. That seals the deal.
Nobody knows.
I also have a tan now due to vacation. I also have lost some weight.
You'll be surprised at how oblivious ppl are.
Just remember:
low density piece.
Get a perfect colour match/texture blend.
same hairline.
ensure your hairline looks good and clean.
Good cut-in.
Keep same hairstyle for now. (i part on the left)
Keep it wet with scalp showing.

Voila.
No reason for friends to pause.