Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
10-15-2010, 07:32 AM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
Well here it is my first ever hair system.what a day, phew!!
Appointment was 1pm I was 10 mins late thanks to the train being slowed to 30mph on a section of track.a
Anyways , umm I kinda had a general idea of how to get to the salon,as id been there about 3 weeks before for a consult.
But hell I forgot my Google maps id printed off.
And my phones 3g 2g wasn’t bringing in a signal when I left the train.(bloody typical my luck)
So couldn’t get directions from Google maps.
So I walked the way I remembered, kinda, and got there .
So the hairdresser washed my hair, and shaved of the remaining hair,
I wasn’t upset about that at all, and for the first time in 46 years, saw myself as a bald man in the mirror with hair at the sides.
Sonia made me a cuppa, and we chatted as she worked her miracle.
She applied the glue to my head and went away and came back a few mins later.
She showed me the hair system which kinda shocked me, because it was grey,
I thought my hair was light/medium brown and had always used that colour for my concealer,
My sides and back however are grey, Sonia said you’re hairs actually quite grey.
She said what hair colour a lot of people think they have and actually have can be quite different.
Anyway she bonded the hair on, and started cutting, to my surprise she razor cut the sides and scissor cut the top and front mostly/
All do do with blending the hair,
I made the mistake of thinking I had way to much hair at the front, and asked her to take more off, to be fair she asked me
Are you absolutely sure you want it shorter, because I can’t put it back on (and it aint goanna grow)
So its shorter than I ‘d have liked at the front.
And my other disappointment is I requested a widows peak, and didn’t get one,
I’m going to ring tomorrow to ask her to cut it at the front,
I kinda left wishing I had my old hairstyle. Yes weird!!!!!!!!!but I’ve had it for 20 years.
I kinda feel v got to much hair, compared to before.
I left with my hair wacky like a footballer, not me.
I didn’t really want to meet anyone who I knew.
So caught another bus after the train, and walked home.

And I was hellishly self-conscious about the grey,
But apart from these minor dislikes,wel not minor major to me,
I left the salon, I knew people wouldn’t look , because the hair was ok.
But I’d have liked my old hair style, I wasn’t offered any pics to choose from in advance,
Or to pick hair direction , etc.

We just picked the colour and density/.
Light density, colour /med brown/40%grey.slight wave.
Sfslfront/middle/poly sides &back.
£200.00 total
I’ll be using gell, alcohol free, and alcohol free spray leave in conditioner.
Bought a cushioned vented brush.
Please see pics before and after,al comment welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-15-2010, 09:06 AM,
At long last ! I`ll keep this brief as I`m very tired and about to head to sleep, but just to say I think the hair length at the front is fine -- with the colour --that looks fine too ----it`s just that your so used to the `old`you. The blending -in is better on your left side [pic3] than on your right side [pic 4 ] but the system is brand new and will need to `settle`in --keep an eye on that and you may have to get the system hair thinned a little there to give a better blend, but overall, I think the scalp show -through is excellent in the last pic. Pic 1 really shows that concealer stuff --it`s obvious to me --but I`m casting my hair -wearer eagle eye on it !! The difference between pic 1 and pic 2 is just so total --how does it all `feel`? I have many questions which I`ll ask tomorrow when i`m less tired and the mind is a bit sharper. I can see on these pics that your own side hair grows naturally in a backward direction so you are going to stick with swept -back styles ----- your front hairline with your system is very realistic ....... overall I think it went very well for you. There are all kinds of emotions on the day of your first bond --it`s a real roller coaster of a ride. It will take you a few days to get used to your new appearance As I said, I have a few questions --will post them tomorrow --well done though --looking good ! Regards, Paul.
10-15-2010, 10:30 AM,
I think it looks good...but you will have to work at blending...just try to grow the sides a bit at least at the point where the fake is meeting natural...what density is this? 50% -60%?
10-15-2010, 08:04 PM,
i didnt find out the density in % terms but it was stated as light,wearing it i feel as though i'v got to much hair,and before leaving the salon i asked the hairdresser to take more of the front, because it looked very long and i felt so selfconscuioues, now i regret getting that length taken of because i liked the forward spiked look.
my other concern is theres no widows peak,despite me mentioning it, iv got a straight hairline along the front,there seems to be a bubble in the scalp prob traped air?where it hasent been pushed out, or its a ruffle,
i'd have prob left the length if id been comming home by car, but i was on the train, bus
its not evebn 24 hrs till 15:00 this afternoon fri, and im very very self conscioues, of my thicker hair and newer texture, coloour, style.
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM,
Howdy --- it`s natural to be very conscious for the first few days of wearing.. I think the length is ok as I said . I think you have more of an issue with the style itself rather than the actual length --- as andrei_eremenko said, you will have to leave the sides grow out a bit more to get a better blend. You could have the system thinned a little if you think it would be better for you ---- don`t over do that either ........ you really have to be very careful at first ...the system has to `` settle``. If you do drastic changes early on, you can regret it at leisure. As for a `` bubble`` -- if it`s in the middle, which is lace, it just means the perimeter part hasn`t been pulled slightly `` away`` from the centre of your head -- in other words, down towards the ears. You have a poly perimeter ----- it`s just a matter of it being `` off`` by a millimetre or two in where it`s bonded to the scalp. She should have been a little more careful of that . It`s not a major issue but it can be `` irritating`` to a wearer -- you`re `conscious` of it, but it can be remedied at the next bonding. As a new wearer, it can be a very very steep adjustment to the `new `you -- I think pic 2 is FAR better than your own hair in pic 1 .......... I definitely would let your own grow out, especially up over the ears --it will help the blending. Do you think you`ll be confident now doing your own bonding from here on in ? I don`t understand why, but it sounds like she didn`t really take your wishes into account in terms of colour and density ---- at the end of the day it`s the customers choice in what they want to wear ..... colour wise and density etc. I think you should consider carefully, ordering a system off here to YOUR exact specifications and get her to style it for you........ you`re over the first hurdle of wearing anyway , having the hair shaved off---now you can see exactly what area needs coverage.... so get cracking on your template mate !! Paul.
10-16-2010, 05:01 AM,
thanks very much for the post. as regards density,i took along my order for toplace,when i went for the consultation 3 weeks prevoues,what the salon wrote was .(light)whatever that is,
i went with skin, then when i went for the fitting seid ohh its a lace front and centre.
im still pretty shocked by the density.and grey.
its one thing to begin wearing ,but another to have to wear a totally diffrent hairstyle and density.i'd have liked something matching my previoues look,and a lot less density.
still expecting someone to say, hey youve got very thick hair all of a sudden.
thing is you cant exactly take it off, and say sodd itt, id never do that,
i left the salon wishing for my old hair style back,minus the concealer.
it was a bloody worrying journey back on the train,dont get me wrong ,not one person looked at me oddly, i knew they woudnt, more chance of a funny look with the old concealer before the fitting, i still might ask her to thin it out abitt more if thats possible?
and i woudnt mind colouring it light brown.
im pleased in a way im not working @ the min would have been a job to explain the new hair.
surley its not rocket science to match a system 90%+ to youre existing hair
p.s paul can you supply me youre e mail?
the thing with hair systems is, well my experiance you dont get to see the goods in advance and say i'll take that one.and it looks nothing like it will, until its cut in.when i fist saw it it was long grey curly hair,but with the cut in the slight wave is evident and what i'd asked for.so much for my widows peak,
as for bonding, umm she rekons i could get up to 3-4 weeks.as the units breathable. yeah yeah i know what youre gonna say about scalp hygeine,

the bond will weaken over the comming weeks,this is still the testing stage.
the unknown factor is my scalp body chemistry oils, and glue brand were using.
im not realy megga confident with that.
but it didnt seem like rocket science,start at the front,place it hairline ect,then roll it back trying to get any air out or pleats ripples.
she did advise applying glue to the scalp with youre hands,clean them first to get ridd of any oils,and rekoned using brushes to paint or applicators could be un hygenic as you get a build up of bacteria on them over time.
10-16-2010, 05:31 AM,
Just e mail john for it as I`m wary of posting it publicly for fear of getting a load of spam --happened me before and it`s just SO irritating.I guess you could colour it down a bit but again don`t over -do it. I`m surprised she produced a lace/poly combination when you had specified all-poly.... did you not point that out to her ?? I think I`d have told her keep it to be honest ---there is nothing wrong with the system you have as such, but it`s not what you ordered. This kind of thing is typical of Salons --they can pull all kinds of stunts. I`ve just had another look at the pics there--- can anyone else leave a comment here please... is it just me or does the system hair look brown-ish [especially at the side] and the growing hair grey? It honestly looks like that to me --maybe I need my colour vision tested ??? Your side hair looks grey to me --more grey than the system. It may be the actual camera [the pic. clarity is great though compared to what the mickey -mouse camera I have, takes ] --can anyone else leave a reply and say what they see/think ? Paul.
10-16-2010, 05:37 AM,
the order was 40% grey and colour medium browm.
i'd been using medium brown concealer and she says youve actually got grey hair, but its always lighter at the temples sides and darker at the back.
10-16-2010, 06:48 AM,
Yeah - it`s usually not a uniform colour,especially at the temples. What about putting a little bit of a light brown-ish in your own, especially just behind the temple area ? Might help with the blend you know ? I think you should discuss your concerns with her again in person --she may not be aware of what is `bothering`you and may be able to make a few practical little changes here and there ... might be an idea to explore. Will keep an eye out for an e mail from you anyway --I know John is a little bit busy behind the scenes at the moment so be patient if you don`t get an immediate reply from him re the e mail address.--- Paul.
10-16-2010, 07:41 AM,
cheers paul m8 youre allways a rivetting read.
think i'll make ann appointment for mon.or tue.
might be able to get my hands on money for a second system
but i can see a certan someome criticising it to hell unless i order from them.
having seid that its roughly the same as t/l, £160 , and the bond +cutt in in 200 total
you know how much a cut in is anywhere they just think of a price and quadroople it.
so 200 all in is pretty cheap