Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
08-17-2010, 03:35 AM,
RE: My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
Hello again -- I`m impressed ! Looks great--nice style too. For a new wearer you`re doing fine. I just tried phoning that company which makes Tracksafe glue --- it`s coming up as number out of service so maybe in this recession they are no longer trading. I Googled `tracksafe glue` and the first company which came up is a British one who sell various hairpieces and accessories and they have tracksafe --21£ sterling for a bottle. I didn`t check further to know if they ship abroad but I`m sure they do --have a look anyway.
Briefly, my reasoning behind ordering lace with partial poly perimeter is you`re combining the best properties of both, in that the poly helps with positioning and ease of attachment and the lace front gives a great touch of realism to the eye of anyone looking. You can use glue on the poly and it`s easier to remove it , whereas glue can get stuck to the lace and you have to be careful/gentle when getting it off --- the poly strip is 1 inch[ 25mm] width but you can order a narrower width if you prefer....... I think the 1 inch gives it more strength and enables it to withstand tape being peeled off it many times and in the case of glue, the effects of solvents on it over time...again it`s personal choice. I found with all -poly systems I had from Salons, that after a while, they eventually got little holes appearing and little rips/ tears --that `s the effect of the acid in sweat when fully bonded for a few weeks at a time. I have only had a little browning / discoloration on the poly on my toplace system, but no rips etc -- I reckon that`s because I don`t do full perimeter bonds for prolonged periods and can keep the scalp and system itself, cleaner that way. On my suggestion of sitting the system on your head and locating the back `` meeting point`` and using that to mark your front hairline --remember there is a bit of `stretch`in the lace----- I bond the poly first as you know, then gently pull the lace front forward until I meet resistance and that`s where I glue ---gives a nice snug fit. Am posting 2 or 3 more pics on the ``Toplace system -before and after `` thread, just to give people an idea of what it looks like a week on from being cut -in. Like you were saying, my camera too, makes things look kind of `artificial`or a bit grainy /shiny but in reality it looks fine.You can have a look when you are next browsing........ anyway, well done on your pic and post --- you`re doing fine. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie - Paul In Ireland - 08-17-2010, 03:35 AM