Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to thin out hair system?
08-05-2010, 10:23 AM,
how to thin out hair system?
hi all i was wondering i anyone can help me and tell me the best way to thin out a lace system without damaging it ?

thanks Smile
08-05-2010, 06:56 PM,
RE: how to thin out hair system?
Hi ukhair, I recently thinned mine using a thinning scissors. I got this from a lady who was retiring from running a ladies hair salon --she just gave it to me. It`s a professional piece of equipment and not like a normal every-day scissors --it`s got teeth and gaps --- if you can visualise two hair combs hinged together, you get the idea. -- it only cuts the hairs at the point where the teeth meet and the gaps between the teeth, leave the hair untouched. Check out Debbie`s range of products at her site --I`m fairly sure she sells something similar. Just open the Toplace homepage, scroll down until you see ``How to order`` --click on that, and there are three options on how to order --- there is a footnote under option three regarding accessories/ products supplied by Debbie. Just click on the link there. I just looked now and she has a ``Blending shears`` so I assume that would be same /similar to what I have --you can e mail her to ask anyway --hope that helps -- Paul.
08-06-2010, 02:15 AM,
Decided to take 2 pics of thinning scissors so you can see how it works -- one pic showing the blades partially open so you can see that the actual cut occurs to hair where the teeth meet as you close the scissors --the other shows the blades closed and you can see the gaps between the teeth where hair is untouched.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-11-2010, 04:04 PM,
If you only need to thin a small area or remove a few hairs to stagger a hairline, all you have to do is spray some leave-in conditioner in the knots and pluck the hairs with eyebrow tweezers. You have to keep spraying the hair because as soon as it dries a little the knots tighten back up, but as long as it is soaking wet they will slide right out.

To thin larger areas it's best to have the factory do it. Thinning shears might work in certain circumstances, but you are taking a chance.....