Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TL experience
07-27-2010, 03:59 PM,
My TL experience
Hello all,

Back in February of this year, I placed my first order with TL and was very excited based on what I had read in these forums.

Two of the three systems that were sent I paid for because the stylist believed she could match the color of my own hair. Very expensive lesson I take full responsibility for.

If you have darker hair, these systems can't be beat. The hair quality is amazing.
Tof
07-28-2010, 12:57 AM,
RE: My TL experience
Tof,
I'm very sorry to hear that. We try our hardest to make sure everyone is happy.
I've had numerous communications with the factory on your order. We process a lot of orders each month without an issue. Your order called for 60% sunstreaked highlights which the factory insists they followed. I also sent them the photo that you sent in so they could follow that. Maybe it would be better if you sent in an old unit for duplication rather than order by specs. That way the factory can see exactly what you want. Regardless, we stand by our guarantee. Please contact me and I'll issue you a refund or make you another unit.
Regards,
John
07-28-2010, 04:05 AM,
The Chinese are very careful and detailed. They are very regimented and meticulous. It's an error...it happens. In the thousands of orders that have been placed with the factory over the past three years these guys have really been exceptional. Order several thousand pieces from any factory and see if they all come in perfect. Factories usually put their best units out to get your business then they gradually go down hill. That's has not been the case here---that's why Toplace has stayed with them for 3 years. Bottom line is Toplace stands by it's guarantee and we'll either refund or replace the unit.
Regards,
John
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM,
(07-28-2010, 12:57 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Tof,
I'm very sorry to hear that. We try our hardest to make sure everyone is happy.
I've had numerous communications with the factory on your order. We process a lot of orders each month without an issue. Your order called for 60% sunstreaked highlights which the factory insists they followed. I also sent them the photo that you sent in so they could follow that. Maybe it would be better if you sent in an old unit for duplication rather than order by specs. That way the factory can see exactly what you want. Regardless, we stand by our guarantee. Please contact me and I'll issue you a refund or make you another unit.
Regards,
John

Hello John... I do appreceiate the offer to refund the unit, but again, in desperation (after waiting for so long) I had the system colored. The stylist spent hours trying to get the streaks to match my own hair, but the system hair and my own were just not the right base color match and under most light the results are not convincing. I do question whether the factory really does follow instructions however as they sent the system directly to me after you repeatedly asked for them to send it to yourself to review first. I'm pretty sure they sent a stock/flat blonde color.

The reason I went with Toplace is because the quality of the hair is superior to any other company I've purchased from. So the fact the color has been such a difficulty has been all the more dissapointing.

Again, those of you with darker hair can order with TOTAL confidence. The quality of the hair and the system in general is just breathtaking.

Tof
07-29-2010, 01:35 AM,
Hi tof, That`s an unfortunate situation, but I reckon John will do his best to sort something out between you and the factory --- I guess things can sometimes go wrong with the best will in the world, and with the volume of units produced, occasionally one will ``slip below the radar`` ---I would think in the meantime, [forgive if I misunderstood all of your issue] could you colour your own hair to match the unit a bit better rather than trying to colour the unit? I guess colour issues are more apparent on lighter -coloured hair. My own is a very ``odd`` colour --under certain [natural] lighting conditions, I can see a difference between the unit[ which is a 1b, or ``off`` black] and my own which can be kind of copper - black shade. I have to frequently darken my own hair to minimise the appearance. This is never going to be an exact science, and as you acknowledge, the hair quality etc. in general is excellent --- I`m sure John will be able to sort something out on your behalf --best regards, Paul.
07-29-2010, 08:24 AM,
(07-29-2010, 01:35 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi tof, That`s an unfortunate situation, but I reckon John will do his best to sort something out between you and the factory --- I guess things can sometimes go wrong with the best will in the world, and with the volume of units produced, occasionally one will ``slip below the radar`` ---I would think in the meantime, [forgive if I misunderstood all of your issue] could you colour your own hair to match the unit a bit better rather than trying to colour the unit? I guess colour issues are more apparent on lighter -coloured hair. My own is a very ``odd`` colour --under certain [natural] lighting conditions, I can see a difference between the unit[ which is a 1b, or ``off`` black] and my own which can be kind of copper - black shade. I have to frequently darken my own hair to minimise the appearance. This is never going to be an exact science, and as you acknowledge, the hair quality etc. in general is excellent --- I`m sure John will be able to sort something out on your behalf --best regards, Paul.

Hi Paul... I've been told my hair is an unusual color, and it is naturally streaked by the sun (I'm a socal surfer dude) so that does not help. But in the past, when I sent samples of my own hair, the other companies were usually able to match it surprisingly well. But again, the hair quality was nowhere near TL. So I'm just thinking over my options at this point.
07-29-2010, 09:58 AM,
i think it is easier if you colour your own hair, instead of the hairpeace.