Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-27-2010, 04:07 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
hi apollo,

hmm... I am not really sure about that to be honest.

I personally always clean shave my scalp. By the time I come to remove it, the hair would have grown a bit (about 1 mm) and it is true, removing it where there is hair is a pain in the ass having to spray a lot of isopropyl!

So, I think that yes, maybe your salon guy is right when he says that glueing it on a little hair will make the bond extra strong. However, I shave all hairs and place the peace on a clean area, and if you do it correctly, you will still have a VERY VERY strong bond! And whoever read my other threads would know how psychotic I am about having a very strong attachment! So, rest assured, when I say that the bond is extremely secure (doing it my way).

You might also want to think twice about glueing your system on existing hair. If you are like me, you will WANT an undetectable edge. If you place your system on existing hair, your edges will become detectable. In my experience, I always try to shave a couple of mm more than the area of the system.

More experienced wearers will probably be better to answer this question. I know that most people do not clean shave their hair, they just BUZZ them down with a clipper. I personally use a regular Gilette shaver.

Ps. With glue, I only put a coating or two on my SCALP only and let it dry. I think with POLY bases you can apply on the base as well, but I am not so sure about Lace bases. I would think it would seep through the hair and will make a big mess. Tape, especially Blue Liner Tape is VERY VERY strong tape, and tapes are much easier to clean.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - mrjoejohn - 08-27-2010, 04:07 AM