Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-26-2010, 07:07 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
hi apollo

youre welcome.

me too am gonna buy myself an exercise band/base this time just to see how it compares to my all lace unit.

the products I use are:
Ultrahold glue for the front hairline bit
Walker No Shine Tape, and Blue Liner Tape for the perimeter area

Ultrahold glue is really really strong. I have gone now a week without touching it up and is still looking like a very strong bond. (And, mind you, the weather in my country is VERY humid and VERY warm). Make sure you do not brush any hairs with it. I have brushed some by mistake and they are still gelled up together and I wasnt successful releasing them lol. I will try to release them better when I take off my attachment. The Ultrahold is really simple to apply. The tap of the bottle is a brush in itself. I apply just one thin coating of Ultrahold, let it dry for about 5 minutes and press base in it with a comb (I usually spray some lace release on the comb so that the hair doesnt get tangled in the glue).

The Walker No Shine and/ or Blue Liner Tape, is easy to apply, just peel off the backing and place one next to the other (overlapping by 2mm).

To release the lace, I have bought Citrus Lace Release (from ebay), Isopropyl 99% 1 Ltre bottle (from ebay) and I use regular Extra Virgin Oil.

I use the Isopropyl 99% to spray is sporadically on my hair system. Wait about 10 minutes for the isopropyl to seap in the lace and I see if any edge has bulged. When I can feel an edge (try pealing from back to front, some say you will protect the hairline doing so) you can start pulling it from your scalp. dont pull too hard or you will damage the lace, just spray some more isopropyl and it will release in seconds!

I then use Citrus Lace Release (which is a small bottle and is relatively more expensive than isopropyl) to rub and clean my scalp with it. I also spray it on the base of the system, so that any residue will be released. it is less stinging and has a much nicer smell than isopropyl. But imo you could really do without Citrus Lace Release if you have Isopropyl. To be honest, I bought it because I heard people mention it but I dont really find any special use for it. What it does, is easily done by isopropyl and/ or virgin oil at a much cheaper price. Maybe it is less harsh on your system, I dont know.

The Extra Virgin Oil, I use it when I `touch up` (when I have put the piece in place). If you are not perfect (like me), you will probably smear more glue on your forehead than you require. the extra glue is better cleaned off, because you will have a sticky forehead and a sticky forehead will attract dirt and it wouldnt look too nice. So I dab a cotton bud / qtip (the ones you use to clean your ears) in an extra virgin oil bottle, and 1. release any hairs that are stuck in the glue to my forehead and 2. clean the excess glue which has seaped on my forehead. I am a big fan of the extra virgin oil. it works wonders, instantly, at a fraction of a cost and it is somewhat soothing when applied to the skin. so, thumbs up for extra virgin oil.

One tip which I have found works wonders as well, is that, when you clean off your forehead from the excess glue, just spray some hair freeze spray (any one will do, you will see a couple of people here vouching by the G2BG Hair sprays, I dont use them to be honest, and I still have a good result) across your hairline. I have found that in doing so, you will protect your hairline. Glue does not seep, and you will have no worries in doing any touch ups that require you to clean your forehead.

Hope this helps. Let me know. It will all come together when you start experimenting. You will find your own ways.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - mrjoejohn - 08-26-2010, 07:07 AM