Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-23-2010, 05:51 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
first off, that norwegian guy s video looks awesome, you could never say he wears.

apollo, having a Full Poly system made me itch like crazy and combing over and over again was very very enjoyable/ almost orgasmic lol, so much that I ended up with a bald spot in my crown area. Imagine on my first day of wearing, I had told my hair club that I wanted the longest and strongest bond, so she put some glue and this whole thing lasted a whole month on my head (the itching was unbearable).

It was worrying really, I remember one time I was so frustrated with the itching that I went in front of the mirror, found an edge, detached it, just to run my fingers against my scalp. i felt a relaxing massage sensation run down my spine lol. this couldnt be healthy.

since i started using toplace system (an all lace system), not only it is more realistic both to the eye and touch, but it is so much more comfortable and havent experienced any itching at all! In fact, just before wearing, I bought peppermint-refreshing spray (the ones they use for dreadlocks) cause I thought that when I feel some itching, I will spray some, and since it is all lace, it would seep through and refresh my scalp without the need to scratch/ rub/ comb my scalp.

but i have had no use for it, i look at it and think of it as a waste of money lol, but its better like that. i sometimes use it to add a nice smell to the hair.

as regards to the adhesives, I like a solid 7 to 10 day bond.

what i do is, I tape the whole perimeter and glue the front bit. i like the tapes because they are easy to clean, but for the front bit, i prefer glue because they offer less detectability.

i used iGlue (a white glue - not a very strong smell) and i honestly had to touch up every couple of hours because i experienced lifting. I have now bought the acrylic UltraHold, and it is AMAZING. In my country, it is both very humid and hot weather, but I have had amazing success with the UltraHold. it is clear in color, has a very very strong smell (kinda like the ones you buy at an ironmongery) and is very sticky! I applied once to the scalp (managed to get some glue stuck in my hair which was extremely hard to clean even with a combination of alcohol, oil and lace release) and voila, the bond is like no other. I feel very safe using this.

As for the tapes, I totally swear by Blue Tape and Walker No Shine. The Blue Tape probably gives a better long lasting bond but it gets very messy to clean after a week... so I only use it sparingly or when I have a week planned for strenuous activity (to have my mind more at rest). I tape the whole perimeter with Walker No Shine tape, the middle strip from front to back I usually do it in Blue Tape (dont know why lol). I could probably get a good 15 day strong bond like this (and in a bad weathered country), but like I said, I remove and clean and reattach after a week to 10 days. I like a nice clean and fresh attachment.

Also, I can also say that the Scalp Protector is an amazing product!

I feel I am getting better at this, and feeling more comfortable. Last time I detached, I used the mirror slide to success! It worked like a charm, all the glue was released from the lace in minutes!

In my situation, I dont think I will ever go back to wearing poly systems.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - mrjoejohn - 08-23-2010, 05:51 AM