Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-11-2010, 07:40 PM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hi Apollo -- the glue is a white glue, which just goes on the skin. The one I am using is called Tracksafe [ I was telling Debbie that I had it at home when I was ordering supplies, and she said it`s a good one, so I am using it at the moment ] I will order a glue from Debbie when this one runs out. I have no issues or bother with clean -up daily, as I only use a few little strips of tape on the poly part, and they are easy to remove as they simply peel off if you just catch them at the corner with your fingernail. I only apply a little glue to the skin at the front hairline, using a cotton-bud [the things you clean your ears with ] I only need a thin layer. Once it goes clear I press the lace down onto it, and it holds fine all day. You are used to [like I was] wearing an all - poly system for a few weeks at a time, and literally layers of glue plastered on in the salon in order to hold it on for weeks. There is no need to be heavy - handed with glue and tape at home -- believe me, all you need are a few strips of tape on the poly, and a moderate, thin layer of glue at the front. I remove from the back first --simply slide a finger in between the unit and the skin and it will release. Then just fold it forward, spray a little lace -release onto the skin just behind the glued part, and in a few seconds the unit will release ----I find practically all the glue is stuck to the skin and not the lace, so I just use the ``Pure`` adhesive remover I got from Debbie, on the skin there and wipe the adhesive off with kitchen -towel. The whole things is just SO easy --takes me about 2 or 3 minutes --- I know everyone wears for different time -spans and many want or need to wear for a few days at a time, especially when travelling etc. but I like to sleep with no unit on my head -- I think it`s easier on the unit too. I am only telling my way of doing things so that people can maybe get some ideas that they might like to try, or prefer not to do in order to perfect their own way of wearing----- I used to be paranoid that if I didn`t have about 20 layers of glue and tape applied before going out in a breeze, the system would end up being blown off and get caught in a tree ! :-) In reality, the tapes and glues are more than adequate to hold the system in place for daily wear and you can be economical in their use.There`s no point in making a mountain of work for yourself if you are doing frequent removals. Have a look through the forum -- I`m sure many wearers use tape on all -lace systems , or E -mail Debbie , who deals with the supplies area, and she can tell you which tape would be best to use on lace --- If you are considering ordering a unit with poly sides/back and lace front, you would find the glue very easy to work with as you only have to apply a layer or two [depending on preference] with a small artists paint brush, or cotton bud. You simply position the unit on your head, peel off the tape backing-strips[on the poly part] and press to the skin, so then you just have to do the front --you can lightly mark the front hairline with a pencil, fold the front of the system back out of the way, apply the glue just behind the marks, allow it to go clear, and then simply fold the system forward and down onto the glue -- I can assure you it`s just SO simple --- no glue will be stuck in the hair. You can wipe the pencil marks off with a cotton pad. You wear your hair styled forward so you need not be as concerned about how it `looks`` as a person who has a combed-back style where the hairline is much more visible. I know you were anxious about how your system looked or if it came loose at work, so I would suggest if /when you get a Toplace system, wear it at home over the weekend when you are not at work, and see how you get on with the amount of `` light`` bonding I suggest ---- you can go a bit heavier on the tapes and glues if you feel that you need it, so you will be confident going in to work and meeting people.
Have a look in this evening --I`ll post the pics as promised.... best wishes for now, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - Paul In Ireland - 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM