Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-11-2010, 07:39 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hi Apollo, That glue sounds like the one I use -- I have just received my second Toplace unit, as I said, but I had a large tub of glue from a Salon I used to use in Dublin, and I use that on the lace front and short strips of tape on the poly perimeter. The glue I use is called Tracksafe, and is actually made in Ireland. I have read on the forums of wearers who use tape on the lace at the front, or profiles, which are basically strips of tape in the shape of a boomerang to fit to the curve/point at the front hairline. I ordered a bag of profiles from Debbie but I actually never used them, and use the glue instead - I think a lot of people seem to use tape all around the perimeter and a profile at the front -- I think the trick is to leave a small area of the lace overlapping the tape [maybe 2 or 3 mm ] and to use glue on that area in order to provide an undetectable transition between your growing hair and the system. In your case, I guess there is no real need to have as near -perfect a bond as possible, as your wife knows you wear so it`s not so much of an issue. Other wearers who use mostly tape all around their all -lace systems would be better to advise you on which tape would be best to use. If you look at Debbies`site, there are different tapes with different strengths for short term bonds up to long term bonds. As I said, I have a poly strip around the sides/back and lace front,so I tape the poly in a few places, and a light glue at the front, as I take it off nightly. I`m off to the stylist tomorrow for a cut -in. I took pics today of the system as it is now, including the strip of excess lace at the front before I trimmed it off --some people who order their first unit,see this strip of lace and are not sure what to do with it. I only ordered the hair 3 inches long this time, in order to make the job of the stylist easier --- I wear my hair fairly short, so there is no point in ordering 6 inches of length, and half of it ends up on the salon floor after a lot of work by the stylist --- I reckon tomorrow will not take half as long to style -in as a result. I took a pic of it just popped onto my head as it is now ( not attached) and will take another when it`s styled, just so people can see the difference .
Have a look here tomorrow [wednesday ]evening and I will post have the pics uploaded.
Can anyone give Apollo advice on whether you consider tape or glue to be better for the front?
Best regards, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - Paul In Ireland - 08-11-2010, 07:39 AM