Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-11-2010, 03:21 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hi Paul!

Nice to hear that you can relate to most of my experiences :-)

Regarding the use of a full cap was because during my consultation, I was wearing my Apollo system and it was recently attached so i didn't want to take it off but they just assumed that a stock piece would fit. When I went there to put it on, the stock piece fitted, but it was just about a centimeter gap between the piece and where my own hair was fully grow and in this area my own hair is only about a millimeter long. I could have gone with a stock piece but the stylist wanted the best possible blend between in the trancition area between the hair piece and my own hair....

The glue he used on my whole scalp isn't the same that they use at apollo. This skin piece is attached with a white glue as seen in the video. It smells a bit like glue used for wood and he put on three layers/coats and let each layer dry and become transparent before putting on the next layer. He only put glue on my head and then the piece was rolled down and over my head immediately sticking firmly to my head. The glue is water based. 

At Apollo they use a transparent glue which smelles very strong like the super epoxy glue you can buy at a hardware store. They put one layer around the perimeter of the head and one corresponding layer of glue around the poly coated perimeter of the hairpiece. It is very sticky and if my stylist by accident would get some of this glue in my own hair it's really hard to get it out - even with alchohol! My stylist at Apollo usually also put a few strips of texstile tape under the glue on the piece as this tends to give me a stronger bond which normally holds very good between my services (usually every third or fourth week). 
I probably could have gone up to 6 weeks with this glue but I think it's better to get a full scalp cleaning every month and if i sweat a lot during a period of wearing the hairpiece sometimes moves a cm or two on my head because of the sweating and also the direction of how my own hair grows. 

So Paul, is it possible to attach the lace pieces with transparent tape only in the front or do you have to use some liquid tape as well to get a natural look?

Regards, Apollo2009

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - apollo2009 - 08-11-2010, 03:21 AM