Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
08-10-2010, 04:24 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hello again Apollo. Phew!! What a long post !! Very interesting to read and kind of mentally ``compare`` your experiences with the new system versus your old Salon. I`m surprised that they obviously didn`t allow for the correct size and had to cut-down a full cap to fit your bald area --- I mean, they had to have seen you for a consultation in person before ordering your new system --just seems to me that he/they didn`t properly look at the exact area to be covered. Also, having seen your previous style, why did he give you a unit with the hair ventilated backwards? The itch you feel on your scalp and the feeling that you want to keep running a comb over it , is the main reason I no longer wear all -poly..... I honestly think having a ``second skin`` glued to your scalp leads to issues with irritation etc. My scalp is really healthy now from wearing [ mostly] lace and being able to wash /shampoo my scalp daily. I am not sure of the rules in Norway or other countries regarding receiving hair -pieces via the mail ----- here I pay nothing at all. Toplace just posts the system in a polythene envelope, with a large customs declaration form attached giving the monetary value as a very low amount, my postman duly delivers it like any other item of mail ---- all items of International mail /parcels sent via normal postal routes into Ireland arrives at a central depot and I have seen on TV a clip of customs using sniffer -dogs to check mail for drugs etc --- as long as there is nothing illegal like that, I really don`t think they are too worried about a person buying a hairpiece and charging duties on it --- I know it may be different in Norway or other countries, but I would actually think, with so few such items as hairpieces being imported for your own personal use, I don`t think they`d bother , but you could phone them and check what the position is. I just received my latest Toplace unit a few days ago -- I will contact the stylist during the week and arrange a cut -in. I will take [and post ] pics of the system as it is now, and after it`s styled, on this thread as soon as I have it done [hopefully by the weekend] I understand what you mean about your density --if you can get away with a higher density at your age, that`s fine, but a bit of scalp show -through on any unit sure adds to the realism in other people`s minds that it`s your own growing hair --helps with the illusion, so maybe a bit more density than the new unit, but a little less than your old unit would be good. The front part lifting is common enough I think, with all -poly units. The front of the head can be `hot`and[ I reckon ] a bit oily, which can break down the glue --I wonder what type of glue they used -- is it the same one you are used to using? As you said, the hair -wearing game is a learning curve for all of us and a change to a new supplier brings new issues. I`ll post pics here, within the next week, hopefully before the weekend. Best wishes, Paul.
I forgot to say that, yes, you can send in one of your old units to Toplace to be used as a match for a new unit. I think you should seriously consider a Toplace system. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - Paul In Ireland - 08-10-2010, 04:24 AM