Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Apollo, I assume you glue the entire bare area before attaching, John will probably answer your question when he reads through the forum again -he overlooked it in the last post. When I used Salons, the stylist painted on the glue, allowed it to dry for a few minutes, then, standing behind me, attached the front part first, gradually rolling the unit backwards, making sure there were no trapped pockets of air which would lead to `` bumps``. That, to my mind would be the tricky bit when doing your own bond ---to get it positioned correctly, at the start. If you were slightly too far forward, you`d have a gap at the back, and too far back from the hairline, and you`d have an over -lap onto your own hair at the back. If you had a family -member or friend to help it would be great. The glues are so strong, that a full bond, on a skin system would be impossible to to remove or loose without lots of de -bonder fluid, especially when newly - attached. Mine would last ages [3/4 weeks] and still be quite uncomfortable when being removed as my own fine hairs were stuck to it ---it really felt like my whole scalp was being removed without anaesthetic!! I am not too sure why anyone would want that type of full bond with the entire scalp coated /smothered in glue, especially if doing it at home --it`s a lot of work to clean it all off, both off the unit and the scalp, when just a perimeter bond is available ,allowing 90% of the rest of the scalp to `breath`---- I suppose it`s just a matter of personal choice, but I see no point in putting loads of time/work into hair -wearing, and I definitely don`t want scalp health issues as a result of it.You have been going to Salons [like I was] and you are used to doing it that way -- I think most people would be intimidated as new hair wearers, at the thought of `` tying to do it myself`` and ``it might get blown off my head `` on a windy day unless I have 3 coats of glue all over the scalp, when in fact, a few little strips of tape around the perimeter, and a few little dabs of glue at the lace front, will hold the piece on just fine, even on the windiest of days.Unless you`re sweating very heavily, or having to shower at a gym after a hard work -out, a light bond like I use is fine ----- in my experience, if you are sweating a lot, or in the gym etc. use an `old`unit lightly bonded, so you can take it off at home in the evening and clean the scalp properly --keep a `good`unit for everyday wear, and the `` old`` unit can get a quick rinse -out under the tap or a very light shampoo to keep it clean. Can you imagine the build-up of various things from your skin, under the glue after 4 weeks of wear? Not nice in my view, and will usually lead to health issues eventually, but that`s just my ``tuppence -worth`` and others might have had totally different experiences, with no issues to speak of.Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - Paul In Ireland - 07-18-2010, 07:12 PM