Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
07-16-2010, 04:02 AM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hi again Apollo - watched the first video [ had trouble trying to watch the 2nd ] -- it`s exactly the same as what I used to get at this Salon here -- a full -head bond, with an all -poly base.
Does that guy ever stop to draw breath ???? The Irish have a reputation for being `chatty`--that guy could talk for Norway !!!!!
One thing I noticed [and had forgotten about,as it`s so long since I used Salons ] was that stylist was cleaning his scalp with a white tissue -like thing ----- as far as I can see, that is a medical swab [ the type they use to clean /sterilise the skin before giving injections or taking blood in clinics] and you can buy them in drug stores in sealed foil packets --- if a system is stuck to your skin for a month, after cleaning the glue off the scalp, it`s a good idea to wipe the skin with one of those to kill off any bacteria which may be lurking ---just a tip for anyone into long -term bonds /wearing and it might help to avoid skin irritations or possible infections. They are pre -injection swabs, so anyone who is interested, just ask for those.
Regards , Paul.
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM,
That system is the same as our TL 700 New Generation base. It's a great system! The base is so thin it just blends into your skin and you can't see it. You won't find a thinner base in the world---outstanding!!
07-18-2010, 12:58 AM,
(07-16-2010, 04:02 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again Apollo - watched the first video [ had trouble trying to watch the 2nd ] -- it`s exactly the same as what I used to get at this Salon here -- a full -head bond, with an all -poly base.
Does that guy ever stop to draw breath ???? The Irish have a reputation for being `chatty`--that guy could talk for Norway !!!!!
One thing I noticed [and had forgotten about,as it`s so long since I used Salons ] was that stylist was cleaning his scalp with a white tissue -like thing ----- as far as I can see, that is a medical swab [ the type they use to clean /sterilise the skin before giving injections or taking blood in clinics] and you can buy them in drug stores in sealed foil packets --- if a system is stuck to your skin for a month, after cleaning the glue off the scalp, it`s a good idea to wipe the skin with one of those to kill off any bacteria which may be lurking ---just a tip for anyone into long -term bonds /wearing and it might help to avoid skin irritations or possible infections. They are pre -injection swabs, so anyone who is interested, just ask for those.
Regards , Paul.

Hi Paul!

He he he - yeah, he's quite talkative :-D
Too bad there are no subtitles, because he has some very funny comments!

From what I can see in the video, the stylist is just using that white tissue to wipe of the glue that he is cleaning from the scalp with the plastic creditcard-like thing...?

Anyway - that's a very good tip, so today I went to the local drug store and bought a box of "cutisoft wipes". They contain: "Isopropyl alchohol BP 70%".

I hope they will do the trick and I will bring them with me to the stylist in case he's not using something similar - just to be safe ;-)

Did your stylist use these tissues to clean your scalp at the time you were using salon services?

If this system looks and feels good and I will decide to stick with it, then I'm planning to go and have my service done once every third week... I hope this frequent service along with the tissues will maintain a problem-free scalp with little odor and a bond that will stick for that time period. I thankfully (in this regard) don't live in a very hot country when it comes to the weather - so I guess that's a bonus as well ;-)

Apollo2009
07-18-2010, 03:11 AM,
Hi Apollo, At least the guy has `` outed `` himself as a hair -wearer and it`s good to show other that there should be no stigma attached to it, no more than there is to having a denture fitted, or even having cosmetic surgery done.
To answer your question --when I went to the Salon, they sprayed on a de -bonder called `Remove`` --it`s citrus -based and VERY good to break down the glue. It was removed with kitchen -towel, the scalp/hair was then shampooed,conditioned, and finally, the dry scalp was given a wipe, all over with the medical swab thing -- I assume the alcohol wipes you got would do the same job, to kill any lingering bacteria. I found that prolonged attachment eventually lead to skin irritation and small sores which I was afraid would deteriorate into an infection, so that`s why I now use lace, with just the small poly perimeter and a `light`attachment mostly ---have had no problems since.
Let us know how you get on, but if I was you, I would consider getting the new Toplace skin system that John was referring to above ---all you need is a stylist and you are more than familiar with how to attach /detach so you`d have no trouble doing your own --- the difference in cost would be substantial I would think -- worth considering. Regards, Paul.
07-18-2010, 03:34 AM,
(07-18-2010, 03:11 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Apollo, At least the guy has `` outed `` himself as a hair -wearer and it`s good to show other that there should be no stigma attached to it, no more than there is to having a denture fitted, or even having cosmetic surgery done.
To answer your question --when I went to the Salon, they sprayed on a de -bonder called `Remove`` --it`s citrus -based and VERY good to break down the glue. It was removed with kitchen -towel, the scalp/hair was then shampooed,conditioned, and finally, the dry scalp was given a wipe, all over with the medical swab thing -- I assume the alcohol wipes you got would do the same job, to kill any lingering bacteria. I found that prolonged attachment eventually lead to skin irritation and small sores which I was afraid would deteriorate into an infection, so that`s why I now use lace, with just the small poly perimeter and a `light`attachment mostly ---have had no problems since.
Let us know how you get on, but if I was you, I would consider getting the new Toplace skin system that John was referring to above ---all you need is a stylist and you are more than familiar with how to attach /detach so you`d have no trouble doing your own --- the difference in cost would be substantial I would think -- worth considering. Regards, Paul.

Yes, I'm definitely going to consider that, but are the skin system from Toplace the same - meaning in need of a full head of glue - or is it just to be glued/attached around the perimeter as the lace systems?
Also, what's the cost of the skin system from Toplace and how long are they meant to last?

Apollo
07-18-2010, 05:09 AM,
There is nothing thinner in a skin base--it's remarkable. The Toplace price is $295 plus S&H. They're great systems. You can expect about 4-5 months out of the system under normal usage.
07-18-2010, 08:15 AM,
(07-18-2010, 05:09 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: There is nothing thinner in a skin base--it's remarkable. The Toplace price is $295 plus S&H. They're great systems. You can expect about 4-5 months out of the system under normal usage.

Thanks!

But do you put glue on the whole scalp/bald area before attaching the piece or just around the perimeter like the lace system and conventional systems?

Apollo2009
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM,
Apollo, I assume you glue the entire bare area before attaching, John will probably answer your question when he reads through the forum again -he overlooked it in the last post. When I used Salons, the stylist painted on the glue, allowed it to dry for a few minutes, then, standing behind me, attached the front part first, gradually rolling the unit backwards, making sure there were no trapped pockets of air which would lead to `` bumps``. That, to my mind would be the tricky bit when doing your own bond ---to get it positioned correctly, at the start. If you were slightly too far forward, you`d have a gap at the back, and too far back from the hairline, and you`d have an over -lap onto your own hair at the back. If you had a family -member or friend to help it would be great. The glues are so strong, that a full bond, on a skin system would be impossible to to remove or loose without lots of de -bonder fluid, especially when newly - attached. Mine would last ages [3/4 weeks] and still be quite uncomfortable when being removed as my own fine hairs were stuck to it ---it really felt like my whole scalp was being removed without anaesthetic!! I am not too sure why anyone would want that type of full bond with the entire scalp coated /smothered in glue, especially if doing it at home --it`s a lot of work to clean it all off, both off the unit and the scalp, when just a perimeter bond is available ,allowing 90% of the rest of the scalp to `breath`---- I suppose it`s just a matter of personal choice, but I see no point in putting loads of time/work into hair -wearing, and I definitely don`t want scalp health issues as a result of it.You have been going to Salons [like I was] and you are used to doing it that way -- I think most people would be intimidated as new hair wearers, at the thought of `` tying to do it myself`` and ``it might get blown off my head `` on a windy day unless I have 3 coats of glue all over the scalp, when in fact, a few little strips of tape around the perimeter, and a few little dabs of glue at the lace front, will hold the piece on just fine, even on the windiest of days.Unless you`re sweating very heavily, or having to shower at a gym after a hard work -out, a light bond like I use is fine ----- in my experience, if you are sweating a lot, or in the gym etc. use an `old`unit lightly bonded, so you can take it off at home in the evening and clean the scalp properly --keep a `good`unit for everyday wear, and the `` old`` unit can get a quick rinse -out under the tap or a very light shampoo to keep it clean. Can you imagine the build-up of various things from your skin, under the glue after 4 weeks of wear? Not nice in my view, and will usually lead to health issues eventually, but that`s just my ``tuppence -worth`` and others might have had totally different experiences, with no issues to speak of.Paul.
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM,
Hi Paul and thanx again for sharing your thoughts and experience :-)

Well, today is the day!!
Sitting here waiting and it's just about an hour before I have to leave to catch the bus to go to the new salon I've discovered.

I'm feeling really excited and I have big expectations for this new system - but at the same time I have a feeling that I might be disappointed.... I don't know exactly why I have that feeling - but it's quite strange to leave my old system which I now know "by heart".

But I guess nothing tried is nothing gained, right? hehehe

I will let you know later on what my initial reactions are going from 15 years of using a conventional system to a modern all skin based system.

Your thoughts on the health issues with the full bonding of the scalp makes perfect sense. That's why I'm bringing my own medical wipes to the stylist and I also plan on doing services every three weeks. So I really hope this will prevent too much problems with the scalp.

This is also a test run, because I go on holiday today and I have a few weeks to test this system with the opportunity to change back to the old one before facing the society again :-)

I'll be back!
07-29-2010, 01:21 AM,
Hello Apollo -just saw your post now as I was browsing the forum --it`s 2pm here now -- I see you left your post earlier on this morning --by now you have the new system bonded into place -- I really hope you`re happy with the `new`experience .... let us know how it goes -- best wishes and enjoy your holiday.Paul.