Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap issues
07-04-2010, 05:32 AM,
full cap issues
Do any of you full cap wearers have issues with the hair at the back of your head (where your pillow rubs) wearing the hair to the point when you wash and condition it the hair at the back feels so weak and terrible compareds to the hair on the top that still feels nice (even when the hair simply gets wet).... after only 3 or 4 weeks wear... I use a satin pillow case.
07-04-2010, 06:55 AM,
RE: full cap issues
You aren't scratching the back a lot, are you? If you are getting excessive wear and tear in the back and you are using a satin pillowcase (and not scratching a lot....I used to make that mistake), chances are it's one of two things:

1: The hair in this particular unit started out a little on the "fried" side

or

2: You need to change up your maintenance products, mainly your shampoo

Also, do you wash in cool water? That can prematurely dry the unit and cause shedding.

If this is a regular occurrence I can almost guarantee that your shampoo has something to do with it. People don't realize this but shampoos are the "silent killer". They may lather well, smell nice, and feel like they are doing their job as you are washing, but if you aren't using a gentle shampoo that is made to protect fragile processed hair, over time the result is that it will damage the hair little by little to the point where you have a problem but have no idea what has caused it.

Also....silicone based products can greatly reduce friction.
07-04-2010, 09:45 AM,
I've wondered about this myself. What is a good shampoo to use? Is there anything in a shampoo and or conditioner I should look for or avoid? I use to use a shampoo made by Aveda. Can you recommend a good shampoo? I'd like to think about and prepare myself for questions like this before I get my piece. Also, any idea when your DVD will be out (sorry if you are asked that a lot) Just curious! Thanks in advance!
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM,
(07-04-2010, 06:55 AM)JRob Wrote: You aren't scratching the back a lot, are you? If you are getting excessive wear and tear in the back and you are using a satin pillowcase (and not scratching a lot....I used to make that mistake), chances are it's one of two things:

1: The hair in this particular unit started out a little on the "fried" side

or

2: You need to change up your maintenance products, mainly your shampoo

Also, do you wash in cool water? That can prematurely dry the unit and cause shedding.

If this is a regular occurrence I can almost guarantee that your shampoo has something to do with it. People don't realize this but shampoos are the "silent killer". They may lather well, smell nice, and feel like they are doing their job as you are washing, but if you aren't using a gentle shampoo that is made to protect fragile processed hair, over time the result is that it will damage the hair little by little to the point where you have a problem but have no idea what has caused it.

Also....silicone based products can greatly reduce friction.

I use silicone based conditioners. But I also DO use cold water when cleaning. When I take it off I put a tiny amount of shampoo in cold water and swish it in that. I rinse it out in cold water. I condition and again rinse it out in cold water. During wearing Ill condition maybe once during the week and again rinse out with cold water. I dont see how this could be the problem as it is only in back where my head is on the pillow. Iv tried sulphate free shampoos which had no real positive effect, tried moisturising shampoos also.
07-05-2010, 02:19 AM,
Anubi,
Is there any particular reason that you wash and condition the unit when it's off your head? I don't think it would make any difference whether or not the unit is attached to your head---just wondering why you had that preference.
REgards,
John
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM,
(07-05-2010, 02:19 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Anubi,
Is there any particular reason that you wash and condition the unit when it's off your head? I don't think it would make any difference whether or not the unit is attached to your head---just wondering why you had that preference.
REgards,
John

Well it should be done to remove any oil from the base to reattach properly. I might stop shampooing the whole thing. just shampoo the base and jsut always condition the hair.