Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on how to match my current hair to a partial (Photos)
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM,
Advice on how to match my current hair to a partial (Photos)
I've had thinning hair since I was 17 but have been been able to mask my receding hairline by wearing my hair forward for a few years. Basically i have to push all the hair forward from the edge my crown down, including sides which creates an unattractive bowl look that's way too schoolboy like for me.
now that i am 20 it has become harder and harder to hide my thinning hair .

I've considered getting a hair system for while now and i think i'm finally ready to take the plunge . I've researched this forum a lot and found it really helpful. I know matching the texture , color , and density of my regular hair to the hair system is the key to making it look natural, but i need advice

1. looking at my pictures , would 60 % density be too much or too little ?

2. would strait , freestyle be the best way to go to match my hair ?

3. would it be possible to achieve this kind of style with a partial ?
http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections/mens04.jpg
i like that the style still has bangs but is pushed to the side some

4. I want to shave the middle island part of my front that's still remaining, but i'm not sure how far back to go ,would it be a bad idea to let some of the hair pushed forward from the back that's sill mine lay over top of the systems hair in layers ? would the textures give it away ?

5. lastly , i'm probably going to need to be able to attach and reattach every day or every other day at least. I have an extremely oily scalp caused by a skin condition called Seborrhiec dermatitis that i've spoken about in another thread

http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=3880

I will probably go with a an all lace base with poly sides as a user advised this would be the most breathable.

sorry for how long this message is but if anyone has the time to read through this i would greatly appreciate the advice.

below are pictures of my hair as it is currently. (it's really not as full as it might look, and this is after showering so this is as thick as i can get it to appear )

Attached Files Image(s)

06-26-2010, 10:26 AM,
RE: Advice on how to match my current hair to a partial (Photos)
Hi Fox,
In all honesty, I don't think you need a hair piece yet. You've still got a lot of thick long hair. True, you are experiencing some recession but with the comb forward hair style it's covered up. You only notice it when you hold your hair back. There are probably a thousand people reading your post and thinking 'I'd kill to have his hair!' Recession is natural and 'age appropriate' as your face changes with age. As you age facial features become more angular and the the hair line naturally recedes. There are obvious exceptions to this like Bill Clinton. Clinton has no recession but he's a great example of an exception. But really, if you're wearing your hair combed forward the recession is not an issue.
Regards,
John
06-26-2010, 11:20 AM,
hmm , It's true that I can cover up my recession to a degree with the way i wear my hair , and if i do it well , like in these pictures, it's not that noticeable . But it's also a pain having to wear this limited style constantly . Spraying it to make sure it doesn't move out of place, worrying about the wind constantly etc...
I know there are some people who might view my pictures and say "I'd Kill to have his hair " but at the same time , looking at posts by different members on this site , I've thought to myself "I'd kill to have that hair system !" . Smile
My hair is receding faster every year and Propecia isn't going to work forever.

Another reason is i return to college in 2 months , which will be very stressfull and intense. And i know that if I start to thin rapidly it would be nice to have the backup of the hair system on hand.

It's difficult being surrounded by a bunch of other twenty year olds with really thick crazy hair(although going bald at any age sucks , it's worse when no-one around you seems to be going through it too ) . I'm the only balding guy i know on campus.

I don't know, this is just my point of view ,
I know eventually I will need a hair system and things are getting better, and who knows how my hair will hold up by the end of the possible 2 months it would take for a system to arrive. I feel like i need some sort of plan.

thank you for your opinion Smile
06-26-2010, 02:19 PM,
John, would this young guy be able to wear a small piece in front of his original hairline just to cover up the recession and so he doesn't have to shave anything off? Or would a piece that small be too flimsy and hard to blend?
06-27-2010, 02:12 AM,
Drew,
Yes, he could wear a small partial to cover up the recession. That's definitely an option. The additional benefit to that is that it would allow Fox to go with a different hair style and he would get valuable experience in working with a hair system. So if he hair loss does continue he could easily transition to a larger piece and be proficient at attaching and removing a unit. Fox, what kind of hair style did you have in mind?
Regards,
John
06-27-2010, 08:25 AM,
(06-27-2010, 02:12 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Drew,
Yes, he could wear a small partial to cover up the recession.

That's exactly what I would do. The smaller the unit the better if you can pull it off, and you have PLENTY of hair to integrate a couple of little triangles into.