Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time Wearing Full Cap Question
06-14-2010, 12:47 PM,
1st Time Wearing Full Cap Question
Hi everyone. I purchased a Full Cap (All French Lace) from Toplace. 70% density. 5 inches length.

I haven't gotten the piece cut from a stylist (although I did trim the lace all around as well as I cut a few inches all around the bottom so I could see, etc.)

I don't have much hair at all on the top or sides of my head. I just put the full cap on top of my head.

This was the 1st time I tried on a piece and when I did, I started sweating at the front of my head (I'm guessing since its a lot of hair / I felt hot ... and I wasn't nervous, etc.) I put the piece on my head 2 more times on 2 different days and same thing happened.

The question I wanted to ask to other Full Cap wearers ... the first time you guys get a new full cap piece, and based on what I've said above, do you guys sweat as well in the same scenario?

Sorry for the long message. Thank you.
06-15-2010, 01:32 PM,
RE: 1st Time Wearing Full Cap Question
JRob? You out there?
06-16-2010, 08:38 AM,
RE: 1st Time Wearing Full Cap Question
Hey shadow,

I sweat buckets. It is very difficult for me to keep myself cool while doing an attachment, even to this day.

One thing I have noticed is that I am often more prone to sweating for the first minute or two after I put the unit on my head. Once it is in place for a couple of minutes my scalp seems to "acclimate" to having it on and it begins to cool down a bit.

You have to make sure that you keep a dry scalp during your attachments or it just won't stick. Make sure the room is as cool as possible and grab a fan if you have one. Take it slow and try to set up your attachment method so that if you have to take a minute to cool off, you can.

Good luck, and post some pics when you get everything worked out!