Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entertainment Industry Hair&Makeup
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM,
Entertainment Industry Hair&Makeup
Does anyone on the site have experience with being in the entertainment industry and dealing with hair and makeup? So far I have been able to avoid any major hair adjustments but I fear that I will have to deal with the hair people and I dont want to freak them out or anything. Also they will have products that are unsafe for the unit. So I really do not know what to do on set. Thanks!
05-29-2010, 02:30 AM,
RE: Entertainment Industry Hair&Makeup
Toker,

There's a member of this forum, he goes by NeverAndy, and he's an actor. Here is one of his posts where he talks about his experience and how he deals with wearing.

http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1790
06-01-2010, 03:39 AM,
This is a good question, and one which I also wonder about as I do a little bit of acting. That post by NeverAndy is good, but I don't want to reveal that I'm wearing to most of the people back stage when I do shows so sometimes I just have to insist on doing all of my own hair styles!!

In the last show, a lady wanted to style my hair and I kinda freaked out cos I was afraid she's reveal my lack of temple points, etc. I literally ran away from her on one occasion Smile
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM,
Yes I have read that old post before, unfortunately I was looking for someone with more experience in tv and film as the lace is more likely to show up on hd cams then on stage. Also I totally agree with mr b as i do not want to be throwing the fact i wear around. I mean the hairstylist is bound to discover the system. Should I tell them before they start playing with it? Let them discover it?
06-09-2010, 12:44 AM,
(06-05-2010, 05:04 PM)tokerjoker123 Wrote: Yes I have read that old post before, unfortunately I was looking for someone with more experience in tv and film as the lace is more likely to show up on hd cams then on stage. Also I totally agree with mr b as i do not want to be throwing the fact i wear around. I mean the hairstylist is bound to discover the system. Should I tell them before they start playing with it? Let them discover it?

The chances are they won't discover it! And as for HD cams, I wouldn't worry too much - there are a lot of stars wearing them and getting away with it on the big screen!!
06-09-2010, 01:50 AM,
Tyra Banks is a good example of someone who wears and has her own show (which I think now is cancelled) on HD TV. Photos of her Super Fine Swiss lace appear occasionally but it's the hair wearers like us that specifically look for it. A normal man or woman watching her on a large screen HD TV wouldn't even notice it.