Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a fullcap template
05-22-2010, 10:17 PM,
Making a fullcap template
Hi,

I know there's a good instruction on JRob's hair replacement bloq about making a fullcap template (and that I can get one from Toplace). The thing is ...that I don't understand it completely due to my poor English. Probably I'm able to communicate over the web, but his instruction has some important steps which I don't understand.
So the question is, if there are any instructions with pictures or even a video around?
Maybe there's a solution.

regards,
Lost (I forgot my password and my e-mail adress I've entered at my registration :/)
05-23-2010, 03:37 AM,
RE: Making a fullcap template
Try a search on ``Youtube`` ---I think I saw a guy making one on there a while back --at least the language difficulty wouldn`t be a big issue for you if you can see it being done-- hope that helps. Paul.
[I just typed in the following :- ``How to make a custom wig / head template`` -- on the ``Youtube`` site and there is a video of how to make one --- it might be a good idea to have a person to help you make it as they can work at the back where you can`t see]
05-24-2010, 08:49 AM,
Kero,
Paul is correct about the You Tube video. The last I looked there was about a half dozen instructional videos on how to make a template. It's easy. Making a full cap template or just a normal topper template is the same procedure. Also, I know that JRob was working on a video for full cap wearers that will cover that topic. I don't know what stage it's at it must be close to being ready.
Regards,
John
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM,
Thank you both. I'll check them out.
06-03-2010, 08:45 PM,
So..I've seen the youtube-video. Never thought that it is so easy, cause there's alot of text on Jrob's bloq.
Another question: Can I make a full cap template with my own hair all over my head or do I have to shave it/cut short to make sure that my future full cap will fit? Like I said, I have (thinning) hair all over my head, which is about 3 to 4 centimetres long on top and I don't really want to shave it all off just for the template and then have to wait until the fuillcap arrives.
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM,
(06-03-2010, 08:45 PM)Kero Wrote: So..I've seen the youtube-video. Never thought that it is so easy, cause there's alot of text on Jrob's bloq.
Another question: Can I make a full cap template with my own hair all over my head or do I have to shave it/cut short to make sure that my future full cap will fit? Like I said, I have (thinning) hair all over my head, which is about 3 to 4 centimetres long on top and I don't really want to shave it all off just for the template and then have to wait until the fuillcap arrives.

No you don`t shave / cut your hair -- just make sure you pull the wrap/ film tight to your head and sellotape the layers liberally---- your hair will make no difference whatsoever. You are only making ``glove`` for your head. Just try making one -- if you think it could be better, do a new one until you make one you are happy with.
Regards, Paul.
06-03-2010, 09:35 PM,
Cool! Thank you. I'm going to make one on the weekend.
06-04-2010, 08:05 AM,
Hey Kero,

Making a template isn't nearly as intimidating as it seems. The best tip I can give you is to use the "add and subtract" method. This basically entails adding more tape to any areas where you cut too much off, and continuing to trim the template until you have achieved satisfactory results. You can do this as many times as necessary.

Here is a summary of how to make a template:

1- Cover your head with kitchen wrap

2- Apply strips of tape front to back and side to side, covering the entire area where you want your final template to be. If anything, make it a couple of inches bigger than you think you will need

3- Once you have a rough shell, apply more packing tape to reinforce. Again, side to side and front to back

4- Mark the rough area where you think the final template will look best. Don't worry about getting it perfect, just take your best guess and make your markings

5- Remove the template and trim according to your marks

6- Place the template back on your head and mark any areas that need further trimming, take note of any areas where the template needs to be larger

7- Remove the template and trim according to your marks. Add more tape in the areas where the template needs to be larger.

8- Repeat steps 5-7 until you are satisfied with the results

My Full Cap DVD is still in production after numerous setbacks Sad , but we should be putting the finishing touches on it within the next few weeks. Hopefully once the video is available it will help clear up a lot of issues people have getting started.

If you have any more questions let me know. I check the boards frequently and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.
06-08-2010, 08:13 AM,
Thanks, Jrob. That was really helpful (haven't tried it due to alot of stress at the moment). I'll try it out soon. But I hope your DVD comes out before I have to order a full cap with grey hair, haha! Big Grin Just a joke. I try it on my own anyhow. But I'm a bit scared since I'm young and this could be a big transition for me. And I couldn't find a stylist. So this is the first step for me in this section and I have to do almost all of it on my own.
Maybe Debbie can style it and do the cut in for me (?)

I really appreciate your help and all the things you're doing to help other hairloss sufferers! Great engagement!
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM,
(06-08-2010, 08:13 AM)Kero Wrote: But I hope your DVD comes out before I have to order a full cap with grey hair, haha! Big Grin Just a joke.

Hehe...funny guy!

Seriously though, I have been talking about this DVD for quite some time now, and I am the FIRST person to want to have it wrapped up and ready to ship, but this project has suffered setback after setback. I do apologize!

The good news is that it is about 90% complete, and I am meeting with my producers on Wednesday morning to resume the final stages of production.

Once it is finished I think everyone is going to be impressed by the concise information and the high quality production. I am very happy with the progress so far. It's just a matter of getting a few cut away shots and tying everything together so I can send it off to get it duplicated and packaged.

I am also planning on offering a downloadable version, possibly even splitting it into chapters that will be for sale individually for those who are only interested in specific information.

I have lots of cool stuff in the works and I am working practically 7 days a week to get everything wrapped up. I'll keep everyone posted!