Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
damage?
05-20-2010, 11:19 AM,
damage?
it will be there any damage of the existing follicles if i will apply the tape on the thinning area where it is still hair? I will shave that of course but...I'm thinking that the tape and the glue will damage the roots of the follicle...what do you think?
05-20-2010, 01:49 PM,
RE: damage?
(05-20-2010, 11:19 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: it will be there any damage of the existing follicles if i will apply the tape on the thinning area where it is still hair? I will shave that of course but...I'm thinking that the tape and the glue will damage the roots of the follicle...what do you think?

In a way, why does it matter....are you planning on taking your topper off one day and trying to grow out the hair there??....But in the end I don't think it damages it.
05-20-2010, 09:36 PM,
There is no way any tapes or glues will `damage` hair follicles in the same way that a plaster applied to a wound would cause any damage to your body --follicles are below the skin,therefore, don`t come into contact with any products directly -- the only reaction you may possibly experience, depending on your own body type, may be an itch or maybe redness, which is more to do with allergies --if you experience anything like that, just try a different product until you find one which suits you -- personally, I take my system off nightly, and leave it off overnight, followed with a shower every morning before I re -attach. I know that may not be practical for everyone, depending on your circumstances, but in the past, when I was attending these ``Salons/hair clubs``, an all -poly system was attached to my head by painting the entire scalp with glue, and then sitting the system onto it --this was left in place for anything up to 4 weeks !! Can you imagine what that was like when it was removed for cleaning? It`s only a wonder I never got some kind of infection in the scalp ----your scalp, like all of the body, is constantly losing microscopic pieces of dead skin /tissue, along with the scalp exuding oils [even when you have lost your hair, the scalp still produces oils] I eventually did begin to see large red areas of skin and had to apply anti -septic creams to soothe it ---in my view, cleanliness is the key, so don`t leave a system on too long without cleaning the scalp --- at least with lace systems, the scalp can `breath` except around the perimeter where the glue/tape is, so that is the main area to ``keep an eye`` on ---- if you experience any type of allergic reaction, simply try using a different adhesive /tape.
05-21-2010, 01:35 AM,
I'am currently on propecia...and having a diffuse thinning maybe it can fix it a little...that's why I have interest in this...I'm not bald I'm thinning and the temples are receded let's say 1 cm each...anyway with a lace the skin can breath...and honestly I will not apply glue just on the edge of the piece and a bit in center not all over the head...I'm trying to wear a piece/wig now because also the thing can go worse and I don't want to spot a bald look and there bang...hair everywhere again...i will also want to wear it 7/7 days 24/24 and to clean it once at week or twice...
05-22-2010, 02:09 PM,
Hi Andrei,
You're right to take action on it now. It usually continues to recede in time. We often get requests for small pieces to fill in temple recession. I've got some photos on file and I'll search for them and post them.
Regards,
John
05-25-2010, 04:48 PM,
I think it will do damage to your follicies, but not limited to the area you tape/glue, probably the whole area you cover will be damaged some how (more scalp oil accumulated, less breathing definitely...)

but then again, who care unless you are planning to take it off.. which is not the rigth mindset for wearing anyway! Smile
05-25-2010, 06:45 PM,
(05-25-2010, 04:48 PM)emery Wrote: I think it will do damage to your follicies, but not limited to the area you tape/glue, probably the whole area you cover will be damaged some how (more scalp oil accumulated, less breathing definitely...)

but then again, who care unless you are planning to take it off.. which is not the rigth mindset for wearing anyway! Smile

yea the fact is i am in the second month of treatments with propecia...and i wouldn't like to act till i don't have the clue that it can do anything there...i'm a diffuse thinner...who never shed ...and i think treatment can work in this conditions...hope so...
05-26-2010, 12:31 AM,
[There is no way any tapes or glues will `damage` hair follicles in the same way that a plaster applied to a wound would cause any damage to your body --follicles are below the skin,therefore, don`t come into contact with any products directly -- the only reaction you may possibly experience, depending on your own body type, may be an itch or maybe redness, which is more to do with allergies --if you experience anything like that, just try a different product until you find one which suits you -- personally, I take my system off nightly, and leave it off overnight, followed with a shower every morning before I re -attach. I know that may not be practical for everyone, depending on your circumstances, but in the past, when I was attending these ``Salons/hair clubs``, an all -poly system was attached to my head by painting the entire scalp with glue, and then sitting the system onto it --this was left in place for anything up to 4 weeks !! Can you imagine what that was like when it was removed for cleaning? It`s only a wonder I never got some kind of infection in the scalp ----your scalp, like all of the body, is constantly losing microscopic pieces of dead skin /tissue, along with the scalp exuding oils [even when you have lost your hair, the scalp still produces oils] I eventually did begin to see large red areas of skin and had to apply anti -septic creams to soothe it ---in my view, cleanliness is the key, so don`t leave a system on too long without cleaning the scalp --- at least with lace systems, the scalp can `breath` except around the perimeter where the glue/tape is, so that is the main area to ``keep an eye`` on ---- if you experience any type of allergic reaction, simply try using a different adhesive /tape.
[/quote]

Can the tape itself damage the skin. It would seem to be only an alergic reaction and with time left alone would go back to normal... but are there cases of permanent damage.
05-27-2010, 08:57 AM,
I`m sure if any such `damage`ever happened, the manufacturers would have been sued and in any case, such products would have undergone testing to ascertain any possible effects on humans in much the same way that drugs are tested before being allowed for human consumption. I have never heard of any cases of a person suffering any injury from tapes/ glues. Some people may develop a sensitivity / redness of the skin if a particular product didn`t ``agree`` with them ---simply try a different one -- any irritation will be temporary. I would again assert my belief that cleanliness is the key to avoiding problems for long -term wearers --avoid leaving your system attached for long periods, as oils / perspiration building up between the skin and the glue or tape, will lead to skin redness/irritations and probably eventually infection --- common sense has to prevail. I don`t do full -perimeter bonds normally, and even if / when I do, I don`t leave it attached for weeks at a time --- I like to take the system off nightly, gently removing the residue from the scalp, and allowing the skin to breath normally overnight --this is not practical for everybody, but in my experience, prolonged attachments are the cause of issues and not the actual products themselves -- I reckon no matter how gentle a product is, if you leave it on for long periods, the skin can`t breath normally..