Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of clipper cut before finishing off with razor comb
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM,
Re: Photos of clipper cut before finishing off with razor comb
Maybe James Kennedy or someone else with some haircutting experience can answer this. As I said before, it looks amazing. But I am wondering about the idea of cutting the crown hair shorter than the hair below in the back of the head. That seems to go against what I thought was the norm of cutting men's hair shorter and shorter going from the crown toward the nape. In other words, isn't the crown hair usually longer compared to the hair in the nape. WHat are your opinions about that issue?
09-28-2009, 01:04 PM,
gel...very nice job...what do you use for trimming and cutting the hair? excellent cut!!!!
09-28-2009, 01:43 PM,
jeffsxyz Wrote:dino, usually I bleach the knots but this unit came with perfectly bleached knots so I didn't have to do anything. Snipe, this is a 65% ordered with no swirl. regarding the lace edge visible, yes, that's where you just extend the base bond or toothpick it.

Wow, there seems to be so much inconsistency in the densities from the factory.
That looks my custom's that were 55%.
The stock 65% that I've ordered are hugely more dense than that.
The stock 65% that I've gotten are probably close to twice that dense.

Smile
Fred
09-28-2009, 11:00 PM,
Holy crap this is perfect mate. Amazzzzing.
09-28-2009, 11:08 PM,
Hey mate is this forward ventilation?
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM,
FredT: I know you see a lot of scalp but these are in direct sun or flash with gel. when hair is dry you cannot see scalp (I don't like that).

Dale: yes, forward and down ventilation.

Trimmer is a cheap Whal $30 clipper.

I would love to do a video but I have nobody who I care to know I wear to record it
09-28-2009, 11:37 PM,
hey jeff, me again, lol.

how big is your template and have you got a crown on this? is it possible for you to take a photo from the back zoomed out as far as possible and draw a line where the peice starts??

also howd you go with color matching, was the color spot on from the factory?

cheers buddy
09-29-2009, 12:13 AM,
dale, the color came back a little lighter than i'm used to with 1B so instead of darkening it I switched dying my own grey hair from Just For Men dark brown to medium dark brown...perfect match. I use Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and each week when I remove piece I saturate HP's with this to nuetralize any orange or brassy tones.
My arm may be able to stretch further for a better back pic...not now, I have to go to work! The HP is 7 1/4" X 9"
09-29-2009, 03:55 AM,
Hi Jeff I checked out the Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo that you said you use once a week to control your brassy color but it says it is for controling GREY from turning yellow but there was one call Black Malva Shampoo for Dark to medium brassy control, was that the one you meant? It sounds like that shampoo really cleans well because the testimonials say that it left the hair really clean but i would think that it would strip the color if it cleans so well> Could you possible post a link to where to get this Product you are taalking about Thank you
09-29-2009, 03:58 AM,
Hi Jeff I think i might have read your post wrong, do you saturate your hair once a week with the Just for Men or the Aveda Blue Malva shampoo ? What about a conditioner?