Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for JRob (about Full Cap) Photo
04-25-2010, 12:32 AM,
RE: Question for JRob (about Full Cap) Photo
I may do as you suggest. I need to do daily detatch/attach as my scalp tends to be oily ---that along with sweat damages/rots the base quite quickly no matter what the material [ I have experience in the past, of holes /tears appearing in poly after a number of months, due to the acid in sweat] --for frequencies like mine, I find a narrow poly perimeter with intermittent small strips of tape attached is just SO easy to remove -- I put one strip at the nape, and one at either temple where the poly ends, then a few dabs of glue to the hairline. For removal, I just pop my fingers up between the base at the nape and the skin, and gently ease it free, then do the same at the temples, then just fold the hairpiece forward and spray a few small sprays of lace release onto the scalp --it seeps down onto the glue and in 3 or 4 seconds it pops off -- I then blot the lace with kitchen towel to absorb the excess. My circumstances allow me to leave it off over night, and I just pop it back on after my morning shower with 3 new [small] strips of tape. For a person who can get away with leaving a hairpiece attached for days at a time, I would think an all -lace with a full perimeter bond is great, but that would be very problematic for a person who needs to wash the scalp more often --just my observation and am just saying it as it might help others contemplating taking the leap to a full -cap, who , like me, may need to de-bond as often as me. If anyone else has any observations / experiences of the poly perimeter versus all -lace debate, I`d be delighted to read them. Thanks for that JRob ---regards. Paul.
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM,
Hey Paul,

You can certainly get away with poly if the unit has the right specs and you don't mind it being detectable to touch.

What makes it detectable to touch is the fact that there is no "transition" at the edge of the unit like you would have if you were integrating a partial unit. The poly is less of an issue if it is surrounded by growing hair because when fingers run through it the abrupt edge is softened with your own hair.

In your situation you might want to order one unit with a poly perimeter (make sure you specify a thinner skin material) and one all lace.

Also keep in mind that you can also use tape a sort of a temporary skin perimeter, peeling the unit off at night and reactivating the tape with a little glue in the morning.
05-03-2010, 01:49 AM,
We have a couple of customers that live in Texas and they wear a skin full caps. They both say the same thing--'don't be afraid of skin units and hot weather.'
Regards,
John