Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing got2bglued
03-29-2010, 10:44 AM,
Testing got2bglued
First time poster on this BB, and decided to share recent experience with got2bglued. I use it on the sides and back in a wide perimeter while using supertape on hairline, and g2bg is working very well, which suprised me. It has been lasting 4 days easy, and is still stuck quite well when I wash it out. I change the front tapes weekly, and don't change both at the same time. When I get a bit sweaty from activity, it can feel like it's getting loose, but the bond hardens back. I don't really need to wash it out after 3-4 days, but it's so easy to rebond, and I leave the tape on so as not to lose my placement. It did leave residue on my lace due to my not cleaning the old adhesive off well enough from the lace. I was switching from a supertape 5 week bond on the back and sides, and well, I THOUGHT the lace was clean. Anyway, it does rinse clean where the lace is clean. This is the first glue that I have ever liked.

I wouldn't go swimming with it, but it is water resistant, as it takes me a few minutes of soaking it under the shower to get the bond to completely loosen. I have always been a long bond guy(4-6 weeks) with the salon and on my own, but I don't mind the more frequent bond with g2bg. It is so easy, and more hygenic, too. I'm still experienting with the amount to put on: too little, no bond; too much, icky sticky stuff in lace and hair. It can sweat into your hair making it spiky in the base, but it can be removed from hair with carefully applied water. After a month, I like it a lot, but still don't trust it for my hairline yet. That's just me. When hot weather comes, I'll see how well it takes a really good sweat.

mcnash
03-31-2010, 10:45 AM,
Re: Testing got2bglued
Amen!!

I love that stuff. I love the easy cleaning, the daily cleaning, the smell, etc.

Leamon
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM,
Leamon, it was your post about g2bg that caused me to try it. I've never liked glue very much in the past; too finicky to apply, clean-up can be difficult. But g2bg is so easy to use and cleanup that it amazed me. I completely changed my bonding habit from a 4-6 week supertape bond on sides and back to 3-4 day bond with g2bg. It's the easiest bonding experience I've had in the 25 years I've been wearing. Glad I started lurking on this BB.
03-31-2010, 01:38 PM,
And g2bg is great for newbies that are just learning to do attachments. You make a mistake and it's no big deal---just re-do the application.
04-01-2010, 04:42 PM,
Mcnash, I'm EXTREMELY happy in hearing that after all these years, you found something that "revitalized" your enjoyment in wearing. I know what frustration feels like, looks like, and acts like. So when things could be simplified, I'm all for it. Super glad you tried something new. Learning is such an amazing thing!

Leamon
04-02-2010, 09:11 AM,
how do you make it work? how long does it need to sit before you put your lace on?
i know it doesnt need to 'dry" like a normal glue but is there a set time?

really would like to know this
04-02-2010, 12:34 PM,
John,

For me, I apply a thin layer (it doesn't need to be thick since it is applied on my entire scalp). I press down so all the lace touches G2BG. Then, I brush my teeth while it sets (usually 3-4 minutes). After this time it's still not going to set (for me). I end up blow drying (from top down, so I don't blow the lace up). After about 1-2 minutes of blow drying, the lace is set and I can comb the hair up.

Note: I blow dried my hair on high heat. I've done this since I first wore hair. Some people are sensitive to this action, I'm not Big Grin =). I don't have experience waiting for it to set on its own, so I can't tell you. But with blow drying, it dries almost immediately. I comb around, while blow drying (being careful not to comb up at the hairline right away. I comb up only after I know the glue has dried).

Hope this helps a bit!

Leamon