Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
toupet hair lighter (of weight) than own hair?
03-26-2010, 02:02 PM,
toupet hair lighter (of weight) than own hair?
Following problem:

I've been a TL customer for about 1,5 years now. My latest hairpiece is a bit more curly than the ones I used to have before, because I think the curliness suits my natural hair better. I wear a classical "topper", rather long hair (up to 9-10 inches), medium wave/curl.

However, since I decided to go with the curly thing, it seems the hair itsself has been "processed" so much that it has lost "substance"... What I wanna say: I went out for a walk, and looking in a shop window, I was SHOCKED: The gentle wind that was blowing (not even stormy, just a little bit) my topper hair up like cotton candy... while my own/natural hair almost rested completely in position. That looked so ODD! So obvious! Sad

At home, I experimented a bit with a fan, a blow dryer and a mirror... same problem: The toupet hair seems to be of too little weight, it blows up soooo easily and you can see a straight cut between natural hair and topper.

The strange thing: Why did that never happen with the other pieces during the other 1,5 years I've been wearing? They were less curly, okay, and this time I'm wearing about an INCH (or less) longer than before.

Can it be that the hair is simply processed too much to become a curly style? Before that piece, the hair seemed more shiny and healthy when it arrived... this time (though everything else was great) the hair seemed rather frizzy from the very first moment.

I'm now thinking about going back to less curly again, for the sake of "stronger" toupet hair... what do you think? Any way to make the current hairpiece hair "heavier"? ... Today, I've tried a pony tail as a stopgap... doesn't look too bad on my head, absolutely NO CLUE this could be a wig! and I'm 100% secure in any weather. But maybe you guys have some suggestions for wearing longer curlier hair open, even outsides?

Maybe any products to use with the hair?
03-27-2010, 12:02 AM,
Re: toupet hair lighter (of weight) than own hair?
Hi UncleDonald,
In order to better respond to your question we need some more information. What curl did you order? What was the previous curl?
Thanks,
John
03-29-2010, 03:14 AM,
Hey John,
before that, I always ordered "medium wave"... As that was always a bit to straight, I sent BA a picture of the client "zappa", which I'm attaching below because that's the style I want. BA matched it very well, and most of the time the hair looks the way I want it to (especially as long as it is in wet or moist state... I usually only towl-dry it and let it simply dry on air...) Only when I brushed through it (in dry state), you see the single hair is very, very thin and frizzy.

I don't know, what zappa's wave/curl is called, but at least that's the one I have now. And that piece is making problems with being lighter than my own hair.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-30-2010, 10:59 AM,
UncleDonald,
I'd like to check your specs to make sure that all the data on your order was correct. Please send me your name so I can look it up and answer your question.
Thanks,
John
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
03-31-2010, 04:12 AM,
UncleDonald,
The difference in quality is because you don't really have a Toplace unit. I checked our records and there was no order from you. You bought the unit from someone representing himself as Toplace. He bought the piece from another factory---not the factory that Toplace uses. The factory that Toplace uses will not accept orders from that person. I'll get your real Toplace unit---free of charge for your inconvenience. Forum readers please note: only orders placed on the Toplace site can be assured of Toplace quality. Anything else comes from a different factory.
Regards,
John
04-02-2010, 01:07 AM,
UncleDonald please review this. Thank you.
Regards,
John
04-02-2010, 09:09 AM,
Who is representing themselves as toplace and selling?