Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you HAVE to shave off hair?
10-05-2009, 10:42 AM,
Do you HAVE to shave off hair?
Question for all your experienced TopLace users: Do you have to shave off your hair on top before using a piece? I still have *some* hair left and I would still like to keep it there, if possible. However, when using a piece, you can see through, so the hair is visible. Any tips?

Also, does anyone here use a piece just in the back? I never see these pieces online anywhere, but I know they are out there. (For people with a bald spot in back)

Thanks, all!
10-05-2009, 11:51 AM,
Re: Do you HAVE to shave off hair?
it's the action that scares most people.
Shaving off those anemic, miserable hairs that are barely providing any coverage. . .
That is the biggest leap of faith for first time hairwearers i think.
Of course if you finally don't like wearing, you can just shave off everything afterwards and call it a day.

My advice is, order a stock piece with some kind of glue or tape. When you get it, experiment with it.
Don't shave. . . just "play with it". Attach it on your front hairline only and see how it looks. Is it truly undetectable?
Does it itch? etc.

Finally, it takes testicular fortitude to wear hair. You gotta do it with confidence.
The cool thing is, there is no surgery and no risk to try it out. If push comes to shove you can just shave it all off and call it a day. But, look how great Mr. Burns looks with that darn piece (vs no piece).

There seems to be too many people now going this (hair system) route. Every now and then I spot them. But, I bet there are tons that I can't spot for the life of me.
What gives it away is:
1) Too much density.
2) Color is off.
3) Piece is too far forward making a 40 year old looks like he is 16. . . LOL
4) Front attachment is sloppy making the lace show. Also too much lace left un-cut up front (SNL).
5) No crown in the back. You gotta create some sort of crown. If you order freestyle system, comb the back in such a way that it hints that there is a crown.

Hope this helps a bit.
10-05-2009, 02:59 PM,
Thanks! That does help.

I just wonder how a lot of these celebrities do it. Clearly Beyonce or Trya aren't shaving off their hair to wear hair. Not to mention John Travolta. I just wonder if there is some way to have a lace front, and then a thicker base that looks like skin and doesn't show through, which could cover the back hair.
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM,
you could possibly get a lace front and skin back. Attach with clips in the back.
But it will itch. Your hair in the back, apply conditioner to flatten the heck outa them and place piece on it.
You are gonna need a piece that's got plenty of density and length to pull this off.
You are gonna b better off shaving mate.
Do weekly attach/clean/detach. Touch up the front every other day or so.
This game is not for everyone.. .

On a lighter note, how about you shave it all off. Get a full cap for the whole head. Sometimes you appear shaved. Some days with an insane head of hair with lucious locks. . .LOL. Some ppl do this instead. They don't like the horse shoe shaven look without the piece so they go for both extremes.

Lotsa posibilities with this stuff.
Take care,
jim.