Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tip for cleaning scalp
10-05-2009, 07:52 AM,
tip for cleaning scalp
Not sure if you guys already do this (I'm new to the game) but I found a great way to get glue/tape residue off the scalp. I used a nail brush bought at Walgreens to gently massage the scalp with some glue melter. Worked faster and more effectively than any other method and my scalp wasn't irritated like it normally is. I highly recommend this if you don't already do it. The nailbrush works great for getting the glue reside off the lace too.

EP
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM,
Re: tip for cleaning scalp
expriest Wrote:Not sure if you guys already do this (I'm new to the game) but I found a great way to get glue/tape residue off the scalp. I used a nail brush bought at Walgreens to gently massage the scalp with some glue melter. Worked faster and more effectively than any other method and my scalp wasn't irritated like it normally is. I highly recommend this if you don't already do it. The nailbrush works great for getting the glue reside off the lace too.

EP

If using it on the lace doesnt it catch hold of the knots ?
10-05-2009, 09:43 AM,
A balloon
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM,
hey Britishbonce that's what I use and it works SO WELL!! Good tip!
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM,
It gets soooo much of the glue off doesn't it BEFORE I wipe the scalp with PURE. I have told people before but I thought it fell on deaf ears. I hold balloon between my knees & wipe my hairpeice on it first to get any excess glue off before I use the mirror slide then I drag the balloon over head which is still wet with the remover. All the thick gunk comes of onto balloon then I only need a couple of wipes with a wet wipe & some PURE & scalp's clean. Now & again the balloon will burst so it's not for the mild but the better the balloon obviously the stronger they are. I then wash scalp with a bit of washing up liquid to get the greasy PURE before jumping in shower & giving it a normal shampoo.
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM,
BA707 Wrote:
expriest Wrote:Not sure if you guys already do this (I'm new to the game) but I found a great way to get glue/tape residue off the scalp. I used a nail brush bought at Walgreens to gently massage the scalp with some glue melter. Worked faster and more effectively than any other method and my scalp wasn't irritated like it normally is. I highly recommend this if you don't already do it. The nailbrush works great for getting the glue reside off the lace too.

EP

If using it on the lace doesnt it catch hold of the knots ?
BA he is cleaning the scalp not the lace. I think the title of the post is "Cleaning the Scalp"

Question: What is a Nail Brush and after using it how do you clean that? Paper towell?
10-07-2009, 04:16 AM,
"The nailbrush works great for getting the glue reside off the lace too."

He mentions cleaning the system too.
10-07-2009, 06:35 AM,
The problem with the nail brush is you have to clean that too. Isn't that a little annoying?

I like the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, which has come down in price in recent months. And plenty of drug stores make a generic version of them these days. Works great on the scalp.