Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help! John
10-10-2009, 02:40 AM,
help! John
Center " Part" or " Break"
by ravid4 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 am

Sorry but i am still not certain about the location of the part--- not sure John what you meant about the front is upwards? is the front of the template facing the worker ? and is the template upside down or right side up on the block that they must put it on? If the template is facing the worker and is on the block ( styrofoam head) not upside dowm then i would have to ask for a left side part because when you turn the peice around so the front is pointing away from you then the part becomes on the right. does this make any sence to anyone. put it this way if i am looking at you my part is on the right but if you are looking at me it would be on you left so this is why it is important to know how to tell the worker how to put the part if the template is facing them because if you dont have the line on the template I dont know how to put it in words that on my head the part in on my right side but if the worker is looking at the template with the front facing them, then i would have to say put it on thier left so when you turn it around it is really on the right. I think i am just totally confusing myself. John just tell me what to put if I wear a off centered part towards "MY" right but the worker has the template facing them which now make the right side thier left.If the worker had the template with the front facing away from them then I would be able to visualize this but because the front of the template is facing them it turns everthing around from when the template was made on your head with you facing the person who made the template, Good luck anyone trying to figure out what I an having the harderst time to describe to you.ravid4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10-10-2009, 02:57 AM,
Re: help! John
Ravid,
Here's a diagram of how the factory looks at a template. They look down on the template and when you indicate a 'left break' the factory makes the break based on your point of view--the left side---and not the point of view of someone looking at you (right side). The vertical line on the diagram represents the position of the left break. Please see below;
Regards,
John

[img]

[/img][attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

10-10-2009, 04:32 AM,
Thank You John i totaly understand it now. If i ask for a break will it be a straight line like a part which i do not want so would i have to specify a uneven break or will it naturally be vented so it is kind of staggarded?
10-10-2009, 05:02 AM,
It will not be a straight line. It will be staggered and look casual.
Regards,
John