Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Skin systems
10-18-2009, 03:32 PM,
Re: New Skin systems
The New Generation base and the PSB can be either knotted or injected.
Regards,
John
10-20-2009, 08:04 AM,
John,

I take it it is possible to do an exposed hairline with this ultra thin PU? What about breathability when exercising? I workout in lace and have no problems but wonder if PU might just leave me swimming in my own sweat?!!!
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM,
The hairline is great on the New Generation system! It just diappears. I ride bike, do yardwork, swim, etc. and I've never had a problem with sweating. Not sure how you'll react with a heavy duty workout since everyone is different but the nice thing about skin bases is that they're easy to remove, clean your scalp and reattach. It's been written on this forum many times that lots of people use 'Got To Be Glued' spikey hair spray to attach the New Generation base. Since the New Generation base is so thin it 'vacuums' itself to the scalp and very little adhesive is needed. That's why the nominal amount of stickiness in the GTBG hair spray can do the trick for a 2-3 attachment.
Regards,
John
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM,
John,
Do you think that you could post some more pictures of the front with the hair slicked back? I'm interested in the thin skin system if the front can be exposed. Does your piece have a scalloped front? How much do they cost more than lace?
Thank you
10-20-2009, 01:40 PM,
Here you go. My unit came with a scalloped front which I normally don't order but I thought I'd give it a try. I think it's easier to go without a scalloped front since if you don't glue each scallop down you've got to do touchup. Much simpler to go with a straight front. The cost is $295.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-20-2009, 01:51 PM,
The New Generation base and the PSB can be either knotted or injected.
Regards,
John

What's the advantages and disadvantages for both knotted and injected?
10-20-2009, 02:15 PM,
With injected hair all the cuticles are going in the same direction just like naturally growing hair. With a knotted unit the cuticles go in one direction on the end of the hair shaft going into the base and then the opposite direction coming coming out of the base. The knotted hair has more 'poof' because of this. Depending on the hair style, the 'poof' may work in favor of the style---it all depends on the look you're trying to achieve.
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM,
John,

What is shown in the picture :

Injected or Knotted ?
Is there much shedding going on, because of the very thin base ?
Is the unit considered a throw away unit ? If not,
what is the ballpark longevity of this unit ?
Most importantly......why $295 ? Seems a little high for
"Hair put into a piece of material ".......think thats more or less the saying here by BA ?..... Big Grin
I pay a whole lot less.......I would try one here, but not at that price !!..... :o

thanks.......johnny
10-21-2009, 03:06 AM,
Hi Johnny,
Is it knotted or injected? Tough to say. You can't tell just by looking at them. The only difference is in the cuticle direction as I mentioned before. The trade-off of using the thin base is that the hair sheds sooner than a lace base. But I've been wearing mine for almost 3 months and it's getting near the time to change out. So I would say under normal usage you'll get 3 months out of the unit. This is the thinnest skin you'll find anywhere. If you've found it for less I doubt if it's the same thing.
Regards,
John
10-21-2009, 05:26 AM,
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response ! Smile

What density was you're unit that has given you about 3 months wear ? If ya don't mind me asking ! Smile
Just in case I break into the my grandaughters piggy bank and order one out of curiosity !
Do you think you would have a special buy in the future, at a less price ?

Thanks Pal.........johnny/abq