Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking the plunge
10-18-2009, 06:33 AM,
Taking the plunge
Ok finally going to take the plunge and order a piece, going to be a stock on initially but have a few questions, ok how does one go about choosing a base there are so blinking many, I am pretty active type working in conservation I am often out in very wild weather living in Scotland too so something thats no liable to blow off in the wind.

Next selecting a base size, do I measure from my hairline to the end of the balding part and then measure across my head? also what does A, AA, and CC stand for, I would like a density that isn't obviously very thick looking and looks a little thinning about not overly soo.

I am going to add a sample of my hair which should give an indication for curl and colour, about length 10-12 inches long would be a preference if thats possible if not well the longest I can get is still good.

Ok what else should I purchase as well as the Piece? I guess I'll need all the maintainance equipment too?

As for maintainance, ok I will buy a freestyle piece, how long will it last given I never used to wash my hair on a regular basis and never put a comb/brush through it, as my Gran used to call me the wild man of borneo Smile will this listen the stress on the piece?

Also can I choice express delivery from outside the UK, would love to get it even a few days early, no biggie if I cannot.

Well suffice to say I am excited about getting my identity back, my hair was always a big part of me Big Grin
10-18-2009, 02:21 PM,
Re: Taking the plunge
Hi There,

I'm from Scotland as well and just ordered 2 pieces too. So, I'm a complete novice as well and wondering about that wild wind of Scotland as well. 8-)
Where do you plan to get it cut-in? I'm trying to find someone in Scotland who does it, I'm up in the North..
10-18-2009, 07:13 PM,
Hi Kevin I'm in Fife, but must be honest and I'm not sure what a cut in is, I imagine it's something to do with refinement work on a stock piece? will I need this especially as I'm going with long scruffy hair look?
10-19-2009, 04:36 AM,
stocks come in all lace base, hair is 4-6 inches long with a slight wave. if you want 10" long hair and different base specifications, that would be considered a custom order. you should contact John about that. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
a cut-in is getting your new hair system cut and styled at a salon. I think you should spend the day going thru old posts here to learn all you can about this before you order. there are lots of people here to help you.
DebbieS.
10-20-2009, 04:30 AM,
Hi There,
I'm in Angus, So, just up the road from you in Fife.
I'm in exactly the same Boat, between Work and College, I'm on here trying to figure everything out, so could help each other with all the techinal terms.

All the best,
Kevin
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM,
Hello,

How is your Hair System learning coming along? Big Grin I'm slowly getting there ( I think). I'm feeling more and more confident everyday that I've made the right decision. I've sent the template/hair sample etc for order. I'm just trying to figure out a Salon in Scotland, glues/tapes and continuing to search this forum.
If you want to keep in touch as we are both beginners, quite close area's to each other, and possibly able to help each other in the first few steps of wearing both the physical wearing and the transition from receding slaphead to looking good again.
I've been wearing a cap for a while, around 5 weeks or so, around pals, and it's growing longish again my hair so I'm able to cover it up quite ok the balding with concealers too, so I'm hoping that by the time the order comes in, my hair will be quite moppish (it's quite thick in the areas where it is not thinning) by the time I'm ready to wear, and people will just think I've had a hair cut.

Anyhoo's, I'm blethering but keep in touch,

Kevin
10-24-2009, 01:32 AM,
Hi Kevin, if it wasn't for the template being a bit awkward to make I would have had a hair piece by now, my fear is I balls up the template, I mean look at the side/temple part that looks tricky and I fear the hair piece doesn't fit my head properly if I make a mistake thus wasting a lot of money, but going to give the template building a go as you don't get anywhere in life not trying and I really want a piece by christmas and being from Scotland and it only being 9 weeks to xmas I haven't got much window left Smile

also I don't need to find a hairdresser as my hair never got cut nor brushed/washed much when I had my own ^ ^
10-24-2009, 03:08 AM,
Hey guys, same boat as you two! Im from Glasgow, and just about ready to do this thing!! Its strangely comforting to know there are fellow scots here!!

Think the only thing holding me back is being a student and on a part time wage!!
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM,
Hi Folks,

Good to hear from you both. I agree skittles, it is quite comforting to know that there are other folk out there in the same boat.
Skittles, I'm currently on the dole at the moment - I have an interview lined up for a job on thursday , so I'm hoping i'll get that, but the cost isn't too bad. I've ordered two systems, and will order the supplies next week. Send in a template and see how you feel.

My advice would be to have a go at the template.
I sent my template off last week, I was undecided about it, was tempted with just shaving it completly off or getting it very short and using concealers, but decided that I wanted to try this! You only live once and it's an experiment, I'm open-minded and really prepared for wearing and without sounding too cheesy ''getting my life back''.
I'm very fed-up of going out with friends who all have a full-set of hair,and I'm balding, and having to style it in a certain directoin for ages and hoping it won't rain/wind or anything, so that it'll mess it up. Althought I haven't received the piece yet, I was nervous about the temples, but I made a slight u-shaped recession in the piece that will hopefully make it look good once upon the napper.

We are all at the same stage, just that I've ordered. Also great that we are Scots too as we could even meet up at somepoint to help each other with the teething problems that probably will happen.

Interesting to hear about your issues with your hair as well. What made you guys think of a System? I decided on it because I seen this site, the Ben Affleck/Celeb rumours etc and how great they can look and realistic, just baffled a bit by it all, but that'll come, I hope
What are you guys doing at present with your hair? Are you growing it out, so the transition isn't too bad?
I'm studying on a distance learning course. Often, I'll just wear a tammy, or a baseball cap, and only really do my hair (as it takes ages) if I'm going to a party, night out, pub etc where I know i'll be told to take the cap off, and I have an odd-shaped hair, shaved my head before and don't really fancy the shaved-gorrila-nethandrol look. Wink

take it easy guys, keep in touch, and let us know how you are getting on.
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM,
Hi guys

I have always been a long haired dude, a rocker at heart and to start receeding and finally go bald was heartbreaking, I didn't think I would ever get the chance to look my old self again I saw toupee look truly awful.

I have started college recently and I always wear a bandanna or hat but some of the class (the young pups) have become really annoying and keep threatning to haul my Bandanna/hat off and i have become extremely agitated, just to have a good hair piece on when they do finally go through with their threat would be a godsend, I just need to get my act together and make a template and order a piece, I just think 6 weeks will be to long and I'll be exposed long before it arrives..