Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell back from front? (before cut-in)... messed it up
10-29-2009, 10:43 AM,
How to tell back from front? (before cut-in)... messed it up
I'm so damn stupid sometimes!
(The following might sound funny, but I'm serious about it.)

I have a brand-new toplace-unit here, superb quality allover! (Thank you Toplace!)

specs are:
Full SFS
55% everywhere
dark brown hair, length 10 inches
Freestyle with center crown
medium wave

When the unit arrived, I removed - like I always do - the name tag in the back. did it veeery carefully, so that I didn't leave ANY trace Smile
The unit looked WOW and one could exactly see where the center crown was, thus where front and back of the piece is.

But then I made a naive mistake: Before cutting the lace in (i.e. removing the extra-lace around), I rinsed the unit with water once. When towel-drying and combing (still not on my head) I noticed I couldn't tell at all what was supposed to be the front and the back. Since then, I've let it dry 24 hours, shook it all over in any direction, hoping the hair would "fall to its natural pattern"... But it always fell randomly Sad

I'm going to cut it in (lace base and haircut actually) this weekend, but I'm afraid, that if I flip directions accidently, the lace will never fit tight to my asymmetric scalp. (edit: and the hair would - finally, one day - lay down in an unnatural way)

Any ideas? Suggestions?

This is the best hairpiece I ever got, and I don't wanna ruin it by a wrong cut-in Sad
10-30-2009, 01:31 AM,
Re: How to tell back from front? (before cut-in)... messed it up
So your front contour is the same as the back contour ?
It should be easy to tell the difference between front and back if the front contour
is not the same as the back contour.

Smile
Fred
10-30-2009, 01:39 AM,
Freestyle is center crown.

Check to see if the knots at one end are bleached more than the other. That will be the front. The front hairline should also have a more graduated density than the back, although that may be hard to see on such a light piece.

Ultimately, if you can't tell, it may not matter.

--C
10-30-2009, 05:59 AM,
yeah use the part that looks better and fits better lol
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM,
cs1234 Wrote:..... that may be hard to see on such a light piece.

I tell you, I got my first custom after sending a stock back to have the density dropped ( from about 65% to what must have ended up being 45%)
and 55% is not light!!