Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st piece. Take a look..
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM,
1st piece. Take a look..
This is my first peice. its a 1b. 65 density. pictures dont do it justice. Looks killer in real life. let me know what you guys think.
10-30-2009, 01:03 PM,
Re: 1st piece. Take a look..
Not bad... it does look a little wiggy, though. You don't appear to have temple points, which puts stress on the hairline and makes it look like you have a wide forehead. It also looks a little bulky/thick in the area a few inches above your left ear and possibly also the right ear. You seem to also have missed some hairs where the prosthetic meets your real hair in the back (right side, behind ear). A little fine tuning and you'd be alright, though.

Is it just me or does the color not look like a 1B? Seems like a #2 or maybe even a shade lighter.
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM,
I will also disagree with CB1...I think it looks fine from what i can tell in these pics.
As far as the color goes, its been said many times, you can't tell an exact color in a picture.
10-30-2009, 03:50 PM,
CB1-
I agree with you on the wide forehead. I know most people aren't really going to pay attention to it but those people that wear hair are more likely to. I appreciate you're honest opinions. this is my 1st peice so I know i've still got alot of fine tuning and tweaking till i get it right. On my next peice i'm going to get the temple flaps though.
And it actually is a 1b. this pic makes it look really brown.

Timguy-
Thanks for the thoughts on the peice. I do have weak temples but i'm just combing that side hair down over it. And i'm 21 so like you said the density fits my age. I have noticed its starting to feel more natural everytime i wash it..
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM,
timguyperson Wrote:Post up a pic of your temples.

Also I think you could probably pull off 70% or even 75% density at your age. Your side hair and back of head hair looks pretty thick. Right now that density looks great. But I've found 65% starts to look too thin after a month. That's why I'm going 70% for my next piece and also trying out a 75% piece.

Ok man i'll get some pics of the temples up tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on the 65%. Good to know.is there a big difference in that 5 or 10 percent?
10-30-2009, 05:42 PM,
It looks good. Totally disagree with negative comments. More tomorrow when I get to my laptop.
10-31-2009, 03:03 AM,
I also have to respectfully disagree with the first poster....I honestly see nothing "wiggy" about this at all! I think it looks really, really good.
DebbieS.
10-31-2009, 07:11 AM,
I think it looks pretty good, I'm a beginner to this, but even the slight recession/bald area in your hair makes it look real-life-like, I'd say.

Good job, and If when my first system comes and looks as good as that, I'll certainly be happy to begin with that.
10-31-2009, 09:53 AM,
I think it looks like nicely styled and well suited for you. And I have seen plenty of people with real hair and not all of them have "perfect temple points". Unless you're a young guy their is going to be some age appropriate recession even for people who have a full head of their natural hair. I think some people like to overanalyze for the sake of realism, and I totally understand their viewpoints but I think with your style nobody is going to spot you based on temples or hairline.
11-01-2009, 10:44 AM,
Nice job! It just keeps getting better and easier from here.
Regards,
John