Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the Base
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM,
Cutting the Base
Sorry if this question was answered before. I have a question about cutting the base. My piece is 8X10. I currently dont wear yet. I figure the area I need to cover is about 6 front to back and about 6 side by side. When I make my template and Im ready to cut it down, should I cut the 4 inches of the back? Or cut some off the front as well? If I cut 4 inches off the back I will be cutting into almost the center of the piece past the seams. My concern is that will the piece fray faster in the back if I cut past the seams? I only bought one piece currently and I dont want to mess it up.
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM,
Re: Cutting the Base
the front knots have been bleached so try not to cut into the front at all....lay your template over the base (pin the hairpiece upside down on a styro head), line the template up at the front and pin it to hold it in place. now, gently, cut around the template....I like to leave 1/4" all around just to err on the side of caution. remember, you can always trim more....but if you make it too small, its ruined.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM,
Thanks for the reply & info Debbie.
11-07-2009, 01:45 AM,
Always have a backup before you start wearing.