Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Toplace consider offering synthetic hair?
11-08-2009, 03:21 AM,
Does Toplace consider offering synthetic hair?
Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd ask if Toplace considers to offer systems with artificial hair instead of natural remy hair.

Although I'm very fine with the hair quality used, natural hair has also some trade-offs: can become brittle or felty, must be kept moist, donated (mostly black) indian hair has to be bleached to blond and re-colored to match the customers tone, i.e. much chemical processing... At the end of the day, even when handling with hair it is quite unlikely that a remy hair system lives (much) longer than 6 or 7 months. Some guys achieve 9 months, but that will be the maximum, I guess.

Not too bad ordering 3 or 4 pieces a year, with the affordable prices here at Toplace, but MAYBE (I really have no clue!) quality of today's (or future) synthetic hair has caught up to the advantages of natural hair, maybe with less care treatment and longer life... ? Maybe one could finally combine the advantages of "both worlds", what do you think?

In fact, there are some companies specializing on high-tech synthetic hair... promising? even an (additional) option for Toplace (one day)?
11-08-2009, 04:10 AM,
Re: Does Toplace consider offering synthetic hair?
Uncle Donald,
Sure, we can get you synthetic hair if you'd like---the price is the same as real human hair. But we've repeatedly found that synthetic is just not the same as real human hair. There's two big problems with synthetic hair. First, when you're in the sunlight, even if the color match if perfect, the light reflects differently off synthetic hair than it does off real human hair and the difference is noticeable. So blending synthetic hair with your own natural hair is a real issue. Second, synthetic hair doesn't style and is not as 'controlable ' as human hair. It's got a mind of it's own. I tried a synethic unit once just so I could have some first hand experience. My hair stylist wouldn't use his good clippers on it---he went into the back room to get an old pair of clippers. I wore that unit a total of 2 hours and then tossed it out. We don't recommend synthetic hair.
Regards,
John