Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First piece - fullcap - photos!
11-12-2009, 12:55 AM,
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos!
danger!!89 Wrote:i'd have to agree with james. I mean there is so much you can do with your hair piece hair its almost like having your own. Obviously you don't have to go for anything extreme or over the top due to job or personal preferance but more interesting styles tend to look more realistic. Your full cap does look realistic but you could totally look way better with a different hair style

i agree with this, a different style maybe with some product would look really good.

also... i'd thin the sides out a bit, they look a bit heavy to me.

other than that, good work buddy
11-12-2009, 04:35 AM,
My motivation for styling it in the heavy combover side-part is because that's how I wore my hair before the piece - forward and to the side. I thought I would transition into something better. Maybe I should rethink this though.
11-12-2009, 10:49 AM,
you have the right idea.....transitioning with the same style is a good idea.....then get a different piece and change your style a bit and the transition will be seamless. that totally makes sense to me and allows for a more comfortable transition for you.
I think you are doing a great job!!
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM,
I'm just gonna give you my honest feedback because it wouldnt be of any help if everyone said the same thing. You gotta get opinions. and mine is that the sides look a little thick. but i think that style would look really good if it was just shaped up better. I personally would have more of a layered look. and make the sides look more 'chopped' up. not so smooth flowing. it would just look alot more trendy.
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM,
If I were you, and this is my personal opinion, but I would get that thing chopped down a little and try to go with a different style instead of trying to imitate what you had.

The problem is that the full cap has WAAAAAAY more hair. No matter what you do it isn't going to look even reasonably similar to what you have now. And IMO, I think in this case that doing a radically different style will work to your benefit because it will look more like you simply opted to change your hairstyle and less like you had something "done".

I say go for broke. Cut it down into a shorter style (but not too short) and do something completely different that people aren't used to seeing. Get the stylist to add some texture to the hair. It's hard to judge by a picture, but it looks to me like the stylist was trying to be too conservative with the cut. In other words, he/she was afraid of screwing it up. I had one stylist do this with a unit of mine when I was wearing a partial. She was a talented stylist, but when she got done it looked like I was wearing a bad toupee because she treated it like a foreign object instead of treating it like hair.

I'm not saying you look like you are wearing a bad toupee, but I think if it were cut down a little shorter and given some texture it would give you a better result.

You know what? I would like to see what it looks like with some styling product applied before you do anything else. Can you use some wax and post up some more pics?

Another thing I noticed is that you might be able to change the overall shape of the base to improve realism. I have found that a little taper in the back and proper temple placement and shape is KEY. This is something you will have to experiment with, but it looks like you might benefit from the temples being placed a tiny bit back. You can experiment with this by attaching the temples back by a fraction of an inch. The base might wrinkle, but at least you will be able to see if it looks better. If it does, you can cut out a little sliver of base above the ear and sew it back together to bring the temples back a little.

Put some product in and lets see what it looks like though before you change anything.
11-14-2009, 04:35 AM,
I agree with Ahmed. In fact I'll go further and say you'd look good with a completely shaven head. Seriously, save yourself the time money and hassle and just let it go, you'll look fine.
11-14-2009, 11:26 AM,
To Ahmed and Expriest -- jeez you guys, lay off. It's so annoying to hear such blanket negative comments like that. It's not productive for anyone starting out in this daunting game. Why are you even here if you don't want to help?

The "just shave your head" comment is insulting.

Why don't you?

If we were comfortable with shaving our heads, we wouldn't be here. For some of us, shaving our head is not an option. I don't agree with you at all, I don't think a shaven head would suit him, and I think he should just take some of the great advice given here and keep perfecting it.

To the OP -- don't let 'em get you down. When I first came on here with concerns about undetectability and realism, I too was shot down at perhaps "not suited for hair wearing" because I was asking a few questions. Some guys just don't have good advice to give.

My advice: you're doing amazingly well, especially with the daunting task of full caps, and you should heed the advice of the experienced cats on this thread. They're steerin' you right.

M
11-14-2009, 01:23 PM,
for timguyperson:
Hey your hair looks grait Smile what your density and color? and what is your hair lenght.. i would like that hair style for myself
thnx
11-14-2009, 04:39 PM,
Wearing hair is all about making little tweaks here and there untill you get it just right. thats what i've been realizing. It seems overwhelming at first but once you keep working at it everything starts to come together.
11-15-2009, 07:09 AM,
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Here's an update:

I attached for the first time yesterday with tape and glue, and with my real hair underneath it still. I brushed the hair back and applied gel - it looked good and no one who didn't know me could tell (according to my buddy who knows), but the problem is this:

I went out with three other friends, and ALL THREE OF THEM INDIVIDUALLY said I looked totally different (2 hair comments, 1 "did you lose weight" comment), then I wore a hat on top of it to a party where I knew a couple guys and they said the same thing EVEN WITH THE HAT ON (cause of the side and back hair?). The thing is, I hadn't seen those three friends in many weeks or even a couple months, so I could kind of use the "I grew out my hair and styled it differently" excuse - but that's not going to fly at all in school where they saw me last week. Oh, and I was getting a lot more attention from both girls and guys.

So here are my options:
(1) shave my head and attach fully, get the piece cut in better, and wear a hat to school for the next week and get nonprescription glasses;
(2) don't shave my head, go for the next month until finals are done with my normal hair, then do this over spring break;
(3) shave my head and say fuck it, probably during spring break as well. Cause my halfdome combover dermmatch style just isn't going to work.

Truth be told, the real worry I have isn't whether people will notice, but whether wearing a fullcap with the tape and glue and everything will stunt my ability to think clearly and study due to the pressure applied, causing headaches and the like, and that I'll end up having to take off the piece in order to study effectively. I have a pretty bad headache right now and found sleeping uncomfortable - but part of that might have had to do with drinking last night. On the other hand, it got to the point where I really needed a change, so...yeah.