Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaved my head
11-14-2009, 02:20 PM,
Shaved my head
Hey everyone. Long-time TL customer but an infrequent poster (in fact that was my username on the old forum). Like many, I lost my job in this economy. I'm still unemployed as money has been tight. I haven't been able to afford any new units; that's how tight money is (thankfully it looks like we're in a rebound so I hope to find something soon). Anyway, since I couldn't afford any new units, I shaved my head. I looked all right. I have one of those heads that looks good with a shaved head.

The point of this post is to basically express my fear I had about baldness. I was totally paranoid about being bald and I hated it. I don't fear that anymore. It's pretty relieving and I felt pretty good. But I prefer hair. It just makes me feel good knowing that I don't "need" hair to feel good about myself. It's now a matter of preference. I doubt if I could have shaved my head while I was still working so, in a way, I'm grateful for being laid off (up to a point).

I hope this makes sense. I just wanted to reach out as you all have meant so much to me through out the years. I have learned a lot from you guys. As soon as things pick up, I'll once again be a TL customer. Thanks!
11-15-2009, 04:01 AM,
Re: Shaved my head
Good Luck with the shaved look ! How often you shave your head ? Any pics of you with hair vs without hair ? When I was in the AirForce I did the shaved look , which worked for me at the time. I started wearing soon as I got out.
Tony
11-20-2009, 02:27 AM,
Budman,

I really like what you said about being kind of "thankful" that you were laid off. I think what people who are victims of this economy (such as yourself) need is optimism and hope. I'm glad you salvaged some kind of optimism in your situation. Good for you!

I wish you the best and can't wait to see pics of your new and future TL photos!

Leamon
11-20-2009, 08:02 AM,
BudMan-

Thanks for that post bro. I can really relate to it. Sometimes after our little worlds get shaken up a bit with the loss of a job,a death of a loved one, lost love, etc.. we really start to see clearly whats really important in life. The things we once thought were such a big deal are'nt so big anymore. But the things that really matter in life are more important to us than they've ever been. Hair really isn't such a big deal. I agree with you when you say you feel better with hair.. I do too. but when we are able to step outside of our little universe and see far beyond our problems.. our hair isnt even a concern.

-Change your perspective and you change your reality-