Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Cleaning procedure for SFS ?
11-15-2009, 11:22 PM,
Best Cleaning procedure for SFS ?
Hi I have SFS from toplace, just wondering the best cleaning procedure. I know there are a few schools of thought from Mirror Slide to Fridge Freezer. I am also having difficulty getting Solvent in the UK, have used TOPSOL but find it difficult to get in the UK and the American companies dont ship to UK or Ireland.
I attach using Blue Lace Tape around the sides and white adhesive at the hairline. I dont leave the unit on for more that 4-5 days, but was wondering what the guys in the UK use to clean, and where is the best place to get it.
Have been wearing for 2 and a half years and am with Toplace 6 months, and am very impressed with the quality of the units and am embracing th ewhole self maintenanve thing after leaving AHS, where I was ripped off for two years.
Look forward to your advice and comments.
11-17-2009, 01:23 AM,
Re: Best Cleaning procedure for SFS ?
Hi, I dont think you can ship flamable goods from america, but will check with debbie. Wa thinking of using meth spirits, but was worries it might affect the colour of the hair, does it have any effet?
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM,
IrishHair,
I use Walker No Shine tape to attach lace units. The advantage of this tape is that it doesn't break down and get 'gooey' like other tapes. The 'gooey' mess is what requires time to properly clean up. I usually just pull the Walker No Shine tape off cleanly and no mirror slide is necessary. Try it--it's good stuff.
Regards,
John
11-18-2009, 06:39 AM,
For mine, I attach all Walkers tape, let soak about 5 minutes on my head with 91%, remove, and if still on lace, immerse just the taped perimeter into a dish with 91% for another five minutes. It pulls off completely with zero residue on lace.
I do this every 7 days, but have had it on for 13 days with heavy ocean/pool activity.