Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSB Hairline...
11-20-2009, 07:15 AM,
Re: PSB Hairline...
I have seen a skin piece that did not look good. It seemed to have a color difference between where the skin meets ur own skin. But than i have a skin piece that is more translucent, and when i use cream glues, it disappears quite well. The line between the skin and my own is hardly noticeable at all. And about the feel of skin. U really have to attach the skin to ur scalp all around. I use got2be glued on my entire head with skin sometimes. just a thin coat. Just so that the skin is against ur own skin. Than it feels real to the touch. And does not make that scratchy plastic noise.
11-20-2009, 07:36 AM,
Xeon, thanks for the information. I actually read a lot of your posts regarding your experience with PSB, but didn't find the answers to what I'm looking for in the past. I think the information you just gave is really valuable.

I am attracted to PSB because of the easy clean up and b/c I like how the hair stands. I'm one of those who can't seem to get a lace piece 100% clean. The lace base is clean but there's always a little bit of stickiness in the hair. When hair is tacky or sticking together, I think it takes away from the realism.

Did you order the TL400 (the regular poly skin base)?

Leamon
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM,
Thank you. I am really not too sure which version of skin it actually was. I think I requested the skin be the mid grade one at the time. I know what you are saying about lace. After awhile with my lace systems, The lace itself at the front edge, for me, starts to discolor a little bit. The hairs on lace sometimes can notoriously pop down thru the underside of the unit etc. I mean I dont want you to get a skin cause of my comments than you hate it, and ur like that bastard! lol. This stuff really could work well or suck depending on the individual person.

I think the general consensus is that skin sucks. You never will hear a lot of positive comments about skin systems. When Super fine swiss lace came out, thats all you would hear about on the forum. Everyone got it and loved it. You dont hear much about the new skin systems. Its quiet. But I have gotten nothing but lace for awhile. So now I am experimenting trying something different. My next system is going to be a very thin skin for the perimeter and a lace base for the center. Skin can feel hot at times, I kind of want my scalp to breath during the summer months. The very front hairline I am going to get V-looping. I hear it looks the best but sheds like crazy. I will only get like maybe an inch or half inch of v-looping in the front, and the rest knotted on the skin and lace. I will use got2bglued to attach the base, Spirit gum/or/got2b to attach the temple flaps and very sides of the hairline, and white cream glue to attach the very center hairline. With this combo i believe i will get a realistic looking system with easy attachment removal as well as a pretty darn secure bond believe it or not, and have it comfortable and breathable. But maybe it will suck ass. I guess i will find out.
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM,
Are we gonna get to see pictures of your art? :lol:
11-21-2009, 06:51 AM,
Here are some pics i took awhile ago. This one is a knotted skin system.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-21-2009, 06:52 AM,
I have to say it looks better in person than pictures for me I am not sure why.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-21-2009, 12:42 PM,
Haha thanks Xeon. You know...your pictures made me think of another question. For PSB, is the ventilation all the same? If no, then how did you have your front ventilated?

Leamon
11-22-2009, 04:33 AM,
Xeon005, can you post which hairline and color you order? Awesome looking man, you say the pics don't do justice but I can't see anything wrong!
11-22-2009, 06:30 AM,
I think the color was light. And it was knotted freestyle. The knots are very small. They look like split knots or something. They are small enough not to be much of a concern for me, But perhaps someone very anal wouldnt want knots.
11-23-2009, 03:58 AM,
Dude, I should just have you post your order form! What was the densities on this system? Is that a stock piece and/or who cut it in for ya?