Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of a magnifying mirror (wall mounted photo)
11-26-2009, 08:40 AM,
The importance of a magnifying mirror (wall mounted photo)
Sometimes I'll think I have a really great attachment and that the hairline is completely invisible. Then I pass a mirror in the hallway on my way out the door and it looks awful. The reason it looks so different? The lighting conditions. That can really fool you. So what really helps is a magnifying mirror. You can get them at WalMart or Target along with lots of other places such as beauty supply shopes and drug stores. They usually come in 5X or 10X magnifcation. They are an immense help in making sure that you've got the best possible attachment. I have a wall mounted unit but if you can't do that type then there are standup counter top models. Some have lights buildt in. But they are a great item to have on hand to make sure that you've got an undetectable attachment. Here's an example of a wall mounted magnifying mirror that is retractable.[attachment=0][attachment=0]Magnifying mirror.jpg

Attached Files Image(s)

11-27-2009, 08:05 AM,
Re: The importance of a magnifying mirror (wall mounted photo)
Thats great advice. But my question is, What do you do if you notice your hairline, or lace is visible in a different lighting condition? I notice that problem a lot with lace sometimes. you can attach in front of a mirror with directly light and it looks great, You go into less light or more of a shade and you might be able to see your lace. That is one of the reasons why I am trying to get skin to work for me in the front. The only remedy I can think of for this lace problem is to cut the lace as close to your hairline as possible. But in doing this, I find you dont get as sturdy of an attachment at the front, the lace frays a little more, and it makes it a lil more difficult attaching ur front lace with glue when u dont have that lil extra lace.

regards.
11-29-2009, 08:50 AM,
Re: The importance of a magnifying mirror (wall mounted photo)
exactly xenon, in some lightening you can see the lace at the front even i u attatch it correctly :S