Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to keep hair satiny?
11-27-2009, 09:51 PM,
How to keep hair satiny?
When you take a brand new hairpiece from the box, hair are satiny, silky, slideable, etc.
After washing it looses its silkiness. How to keep hair satiny even after washing?
I heard it's satiny when brand new because they spray some kind of silicone on hair on factory. May be we should do the same at home?
11-27-2009, 11:16 PM,
Re: How to keep hair satiny?
I wondered about that myself for the longest time.
Then found out about a product called 'hair polish'
which is made by several different manufacturers.

A few drops works wonders for me.
I like the unscented brands.
11-27-2009, 11:31 PM,
My last hairpiece was made in Germany and consisted of 60% fiber and 40% human hair. The care -products for it are from there too. One is a conditioner which has ``Organic silicon oil`` in it. You use it sparingly and it`s a leave - in conditioner. I found it good for achieving the ``Shine``you are looking for. You may be able to get it from them directly. Just do a search for Arcos hair design germany --- I had a quick look at the site --- it appears you have to create an identity and log on fully before you can contact them, but I hope that helps ----- I can post a pic of the product here if you wish --just let me know. It seems to be mainly for fiber units, but it must be ok for natural hair as there is real hair integrated into my old unit and it never did any harm to it.
12-20-2009, 02:22 AM,
Thank you, guys.
Will it make hair satiny to the touch ?
12-23-2009, 10:15 AM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nextag.com/hair-polish/products-html">http://www.nextag.com/hair-polish/products-html</a><!-- m -->

Count, would you look at this link and tell me which one of these hair polish products, if any, is the one you use? Thx.
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM,
Becks Wrote:When you take a brand new hairpiece from the box, hair are satiny, silky, slideable, etc.
After washing it looses its silkiness. How to keep hair satiny even after washing?
I heard it's satiny when brand new because they spray some kind of silicone on hair on factory. May be we should do the same at home?

Try many different products. Gloss serums, anti frizz serums etc.... check the ingredients and if any of the first few ingredients are one of the following... cyclomethicone, dimethicone, amidimethicone and plenty of others that end in "o n e" its a silicone of some sort and you could give it try. I have a friend who is a biochemist and he actually makes some for me lol but when I cant get it off him I jsut use ummmm tame it serum from tony and guy. it does alright....
12-30-2009, 01:31 AM,
Here is a direct question..

WHAT do they use to process the hiar from the factory to make is smooth and silky and HOW do we get some of it? Surely there is a product they use and why is it a secret?
12-30-2009, 05:23 AM,
Blue Max protective sealer is an amazing product that locks the moisture in your hair and keeps it fresh and soft. Its silicone based. thats what i've been using and my piece is just as soft as my real hair now.
12-30-2009, 06:03 AM,
I agree that BlueMax is a good product, But I want to know what does the FACTORY put on the hair that makes it look as good as it does when you first get it. THis forum gives us information that no one else will and I am putting this out there and maybe we can find out.
12-30-2009, 02:16 PM,
Hairagain,
The factory puts a silicone sealer on the hair. I know someone on this forum did some experimenting with their own silicone application (I don't remember who it was). And I don't recall if he posted his results or not--probably not because I would have remembered that. But with washings, normal wear and tear, and exposure to sunlight, etc. the silicone eventually wears off. If anyone remembers who did that experimenting please setup.
Regards,
John